There is no denying that companies with mentorship programs have a more confident, engaged, and better-trained workforce—leading to overall more productive and profitable businesses.
Within the auto, diesel, and collision industries, we know the first couple of years in the shop is a crucial time in a new technician’s career. A well-structured mentorship program can help set new technicians up for a long, successful career in the industry and within your shop.
Throughout the month of July, we will be sharing content, hosting events, and working with our clients to help them build, improve, and promote their technician mentorship programs.
Join us by participating in one or all of the following:
Roundtable: How Top Shops Structure Technician Mentorship Programs
In this roundtable, we discussed how some of the top shops and dealerships across the country structure their mentorship programs for technicians. Discussion topics included:
- The importance and purpose of a mentorship program for technicians
- The components of a successful mentorship program
- Where mentorship programs fall short
- Easy steps shops can take to start a technician mentorship program
Shop Talk Videos
Watch videos from Top Shops across the country as they share how they structure their mentorship programs in their shops.
We’ll be sharing tips for how to build and maintain a successful mentorship program for technicians that will boost employee satisfaction and retention. Watch for the following articles coming out this month:
- How to Create a Technician Mentorship Program
- Tips for Being a Great Technician Mentor
- Roundtable Recap: How Top Shops Structure Technician Mentorship Programs
- How Technicians Can Get the Most Out of Mentorships
Subscribe to the WrenchWay blog to ensure you don’t miss an article!
Be sure to check out our latest guides and resources in your WrenchWay account under the “Tips – Performance Management & Retention” guides category which includes:
- Complete Overview Guide to Technician Onboarding
- New Hire Preparation Checklist
- New Hire Paperwork Checklist
- Checklist for Technicians: New Hire Onboarding
- Checklist for Managers: New Hire Onboarding
- Employee Information Form
- New Hire Check-In Form
(Guides are exclusively available to WrenchWay Top Shops.)
Poll Questions & Discussions
We’ll be posting poll questions on Shop Talk to spark discussions between technicians and shops.