How Shops & Schools Can Get More Technicians Into the Industry
In this WrenchWay roundtable, we discuss the current status of technician programs at the high school level, as well as the perception students, parents, and counselors have about a career in the automotive and diesel industries.
We brought in a diverse panel to help uncover what has (and hasn’t) changed at the high school level, what needs to improve, the challenges shop programs face, and, most important, how shops can help schools.
Moderator: Jay Goninen, President, WrenchWay
- Steve Hamre, National Technician Recruiting Manager, Lithia Motors, Inc.
- George Arrants, Vice President, ASE Education Foundation
- Ben Zimmerman, Technology Education Teacher, Verona Area High School
- Dustin Doyle, Service Technician, Truck Country
- Noah Wainwright, Student, Des Moines Area Community College