Women in Wrenching: How Can We Attract More Women to the Industry?
Type: WrenchWay Roundtable
Date: March 24, 2021 | 7pm CT
- Carolyn Colliquette, Founder & CEO, Shop-Ware
- Audra Fordin, Owner, Great Bear Auto Repair, and Founder, Women Auto Know
- Cheryl Thompson, Founder & CEO, Center for Automotive Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement (CADIA)
Take a look at almost any service center in the country and one thing is blatantly obvious — men outnumber women by a landslide. But, why is that? What can schools, shops, and dealerships be doing to make the industry more attractive to women?
In this roundtable, we are bringing together four badass females to discuss:
- What it’s like to work in the industry as a woman
- How we can attract more women to the industry
- How women can accelerate their careers within the industry