Did you miss our live webinar last week? Don’t worry! We have the recording and everything you missed below. During the webinar, we discussed what shops need to know about recruiting going into 2022, along with best practices on how you can create a system and achieve your goals.
Make Recruiting Techs a Priority
- There is no silver bullet. Shops need to put in work and effort to attract technicians.
- Set goals and have a system in place to help achieve those goals. You need a system to back up your goals for it to be accomplished.
- It is crucial to track metrics and goals to see what is or isn’t working.
- Identify a champion who can dedicate an average of 15 minutes per week to recruiting.
- Tell a story of what it’s like to work at your shop to help attract and retain employees. Show someone why they should work for you versus the 500 other places that are hiring.
- Know your audience and what they are looking for. Ask yourself, “Why should they choose you?”
- Active vs. passive candidates: 75% of technicians are open to new opportunities, but <5% are actively looking.
Activities That Actually Work
- Document; don’t create. You don’t have to be overly “creative” to make videos. Be authentic, and document what you have.
- Video content on social media gets 1200% more shares than text and image content.
- 97% of techs prefer authentic videos over marketing type videos.
- Encourage your employees to share your content on social media. Posts reach 561% further when shared by employees.
- If you highlight your employees and talk about the great things happening in your shop, that is going to help you retain technicians.
- Improve customer loyalty. Every customer wants to know they are taking their car somewhere that has a great work environment and values their technicians.
- Recognizing employees and what makes your shop great overall helps to promote the industry as a whole.