In this week’s episode of Beyond the Wrench, Joel Adcock, Director of Business Development, Precision Diagnostics joins us to discuss finding quality diagnostic technicians, how he keeps up with the changes in technology, and the process behind being a mobile technician.
Watch the Full Episode
Keeping up with Technology
- No matter what a technician is specializing in, it’s all about making sure you are providing them with the right resources at all times.
- Have a plan in place on how you manage new information and how you distribute that information to your technicians, so they can stay up-to-date on new technology and models.
- Be prepared and stay one step ahead of the new changes in vehicles. So when those new changes come, we are making sure the shop equipment and tools are updated and ready to go.
Finding the Right Diagnostic Technician
- The biggest thing is finding technicians who have passion and experience in diagnostics.
- Problem-solving skills are huge when it comes to being a diagnostics technician. A lot can be taught, but the difficult part is when the calibration doesn’t work: How can a technician unwind the diagnostics to solve the problem?
- It’s a different environment working in a mobile capacity. Technicians go from job site to job site, which is a unique experience because they’re not working on the same car models every time.
- Since mobile diagnostic technicians aren’t working on the same cars every day, it’s important for them to have strong communication skills when interacting with customers.
Learn more about WrenchWay Shop Talk
Download the free WrenchWay app in the App Store or on Google Play:
- App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1534587616
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wrenchway.insiders
About Our Host:
Co-Founder & President, WrenchWay
email@example.com | 608.716.2122
About Our Guest:
Director of Business Development, Precision Diagnostics
Fullbay: Fullbay is an industry-leading software solution for Heavy-Duty Repair shops. Their platform enables shops to receive repair requests, invoice customers, and everything in between. With Fullbay, owners and employees get into the shop, get their work done, and get back to their friends and families. To learn more about Fullbay visit fullbay.com/wrenchway.
Follow the Beyond the Wrench Podcast
Don’t miss a single episode — follow to the Beyond the Wrench podcast! The Beyond the Wrench podcast is available on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- iHeart Radio
- TuneIn + Alexa
- And more!