In this week’s episode of Beyond the Wrench, we are joined by Nick Adams, Managing Director, Dieselmatic Digital Inc. We discuss how shops can show they are unique, common marketing mistakes seen in shops, and best practices to improve a shop’s marketing.
Watch the Full Episode
Understand What Makes a Shop Unique
- Shops need to invest in the image of their business. Shop owners and managers need to know what pops into people’s minds when they think of their shop.
- Go back to why you initially started a shop. Create a long-term vision of where the shop will be in 20 years.
- Understand the vision and goals of the shop and the steps it takes to get there.
- A successful shop must have strong brand awareness in the area.
- Having a good quality score on Google Ads is really important. If a shop has a bad quality score, the shop is going to pay more every time someone clicks on an ad.
- When writing content, sit down and have a brainstorming session to talk about the problems the shop is seeing. A blank piece of paper can be intimidating. Have a casual conversation, and the content will write itself.
- When creating content, try to provide value without asking for money. Nobody likes annoying marketing.
- Creating content is a big part of a shop showing up when people search online.
Learn more about Dieselmatic
Download the free WrenchWay app in the App Store or on Google Play:
- App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1534587616
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wrenchway.insiders
About Our Host:
Co-Founder & President, WrenchWay
firstname.lastname@example.org | 608.716.2122
About Our Guest:
Managing Director, Dieselmatic
Fullbay: Industry-leading software solution for Heavy-Duty Repair shops – this cloud-based app is loaded with features that will let you leave the shop for a long-overdue vacation.
Follow the Beyond the Wrench Podcast
Don’t miss a single episode — follow to the Beyond the Wrench podcast! The Beyond the Wrench podcast is available on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- iHeart Radio
- TuneIn + Alexa
- And more!