In this week’s episode of Beyond the Wrench, we are joined by Darin Damron, SE Regional Vice President, Jasper Engines & Transmissions. Darin gives us great motivational insight on how to develop strong habits, stay consistent with your habits, healthy habits, and much more!
Watch the Full Episode
Consistency in Habits
- You have to have faith in yourself, and believe you can do anything.
- Always have a purpose — it gives a stronger meaning behind everything you do.
- Be a leader in your life. You have the opportunity to make your own path.
- Make no excuses. Once you make one excuse, you will continue to find more.
- How you start a situation is how it will end.
- It starts with focusing on what you’re doing every single day.
- Make small goals everyday, and stick with them.
How to Stay Consistent
- Once you create a habit, your brain will recognize it.
- Start doing it day-by-day, everyday, and the habit will form.
- Stick to a routine!
- Having consistent habits translates to everything you do in life.
- Every step in staying consistent is important, even the tiniest steps.
- Every journey starts with a first step, and none of it happens fast.
- You have to fuel yourself correctly, or you won’t be putting out your best effort.
- We have to respond to stress in the right ways, and push through it.
- Eat wholesome foods that make you feel better.
- Exercise helps keep cortisone levels high, energy high, and can be a great stress reliever.
- Surround yourself with people who make you a better person.
Bad Habits Technicians Can Change
- Do things together. Have a partner who is going to push you to be better.
- If you see someone making good habits, it makes others want to do them.
- Hold each other accountable. It’s easier when you have someone you can rely on.
- Be a good example, not just for yourself, but for everyone around you.
The Importance of Mental Health
- Everyone has insecurities. Work to put your focus outward.
- For your mind to be right, your body has to be right first.
- Focus on something bigger than yourself. Everything you do has a deeper and stronger meaning.
- Find a purpose in everything you do.
- You don’t have to be the smartest guy in the room. Put yourself in rooms where you’re not the smartest, then you have the opportunity to learn.
Building Strong Habits as a Technician – Invest in Yourself, Stay Consistent, No Excuses
Register for our annual TechMission 2021 event HERE
Download the free WrenchWay app in the App Store or on Google Play:
- App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1534587616
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wrenchway.insiders
About Our Host:
Co- Founder & President, WrenchWay
firstname.lastname@example.org | 608.716.2122
About Our Guest:
SE Regional Vice President, Jasper Engines & Transmissions
Follow the Beyond the Wrench Podcast
Don’t miss a single episode — follow to the Beyond the Wrench podcast! The Beyond the Wrench podcast is available on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- iHeart Radio
- TuneIn + Alexa
- And more!