1. Perform detailed inspection, diagnosis and moderate to extensive repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
2. Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assess structural damage and assign needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
3. Conduct safety checks on trucks.
4. Perform maintenance related work as required.
5. Maintains a clear line of communication to the Lead Mechanic/Foreman and other staff in the maintenance department.
6. Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
7. Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
8. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
9. Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and perform all work in accordance with established procedures.