Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
The shop is both heated and air-conditioned.
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
Our service team at Northeast International consists of 14 employees, 7 of them being technicians.
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm. Shift availability is between that timeframe.
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
No content available.
What type of break room facility is provided?
A fully equipped break room facility is located in the dealership. There is a refrigerator, microwave, sink, and table to use.
How many bays does your shop have?
There are eight bays available for use.
How many repair orders do you average per month?
No content available.
What is your parts ordering process?
We have an internal parts team at each location. They handle the ordering for the technicians and service department.
What is your policy on side work?
Side work is permitted if it does not interfere with their daily job performance, is a conflict of interest, or utilizes Beltway Companies resources.
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
All of our OEM partners (International, Cummins, Allison) offer online and hands-on training. Beltway Companies pay technicians straight time for all training taken during non-clocked hours, once they pass the required tests.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
Our "Operation: Clearpath" program provides a transparent roadmap for employees' education, career path, and advancement opportunities. Technicians can grow their careers through embracing continuation education, adding certifications, mentoring young technicians, and staying engaged within the community of the shop. Our experienced technicians often grow into lead and foreman roles or step into office and management roles if they are ready to leave the shop floor.
Can you describe your performance review process?
Beltway Companies has an annual performance review for every employee at the end of the calendar year. Our service team additionally performs quarterly check-ins as a way to provide consistent feedback to technicians and keep them on track with their training.
What type of safety training is required?
Beltway Companies provides information to employees about workplace safety and health issues through regular internal communication channels such as supervisor-employee meetings, online KPA training, bulletin board postings, memos, or other written communications as well as DVD’s. The training covers potential safety and health hazards and safe work practices and procedures to eliminate or minimize hazards.
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
When a green technician or apprentice starts with a shop, they will be partnered with a lead technician on jobs. They might begin with doing basic tasks and cleanup for the technician that is on the clock. When they are ready, they will be given basic jobs such as PMs with a mentor to review their work. At any level of experience, our technicians work collaboratively in the shop environment, giving advice or assistance when they might have more expertise in one area over another.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
One of Beltway Companies’ Core Values is Community Involvement. Our Beltway Family is a community in its own right, but we regularly look for ways to be involved in and have an impact on the external communities we do business in. From a company level down to our individual employees, we are extremely engaged in charities, events, and organizations. A majority of our activities are fundraising for causes that employees are personally attached to.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
We regularly partner with local vocational schools and programs to introduce the Beltway Companies to students interested in trade skills. This can entail attending career fairs, hosting classroom discussions, or donating tools and resources to the program.
Where do you see the shop in five years?
Beltway Companies continuously invests in our facilities, tools, and network. As we increase our market share, we make sure to increase our capacity at our shops, including but not limited to growing our teams or adding on bays. Our long term planning is guided by our mission to provide transportation solutions.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
We have a digital application form that includes a background check. This takes about five minutes to complete and submit. Note: The background check is only run after an employment offer has been accepted.
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
Yes, we phone screen applicants before any in-person interviews. A company representative reaches out to ask a few general questions to see if you would be a potential fit for our company and if the job meets your expectations. An in-person interview may be scheduled while on the call or directly after.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
The in-person interview entails questions based on your character and career. The questions can range from "tell us about yourself" to "tell us about your last job" or "why are you looking to leave your current employer?" Technicians will be asked about their toolbox, certifications, and specific hands on experience. After a round of questions from the hiring manager, you will be given the opportunity to ask any questions you may have for them.
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
A background check and drug screening are performed on all applicants after an employment offer has been accepted and prior to their start date.
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
No, we do not perform a skills assessment.
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
If the candidate is not a good fit for the company and culture, you should expect a rejection within one business day from the interview date. The manager will let you know if they have other interviews to conduct before making a final decision. If you are being considered for the position, someone will reach out to you to let you know where we stand on having a final decision. We do our best to line up interviews as soon as possible to minimize the wait time.
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
The full hiring process can vary depending on the number of candidates we have. It can be a one to two-week process to receive all applicants and get them through the interview process.
Pay Range: $0 - $104,000/year
Compensation is commensurate with experience and certifications. Additional pay can be earned through achieving bonus plans, holding ASE certifications, having a CDL License, or having State Inspection License.
Student Tech / Apprentice
Pay Range: $0 - $30,000/year
Compensation is commensurate with experience or certifications. Company provides hands-on and OEM training to grow career and become an on-the-clock technician.
- Health Insurance Offered
- Beltway Companies offers eligible employees a choice of 4 medical and prescription drug insurance coverage options, offered through CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield: a Basic HSA, Enhanced HSA, EPO, and PPO Plan. You are eligible for benefits if you are a full time active employee working 30+ hours a week. Benefits are effective the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- Dental insurance is provided to eligible employees through Dominion National. Beltway Companies offers a dental HMO and dental PPO option. Both options include services for preventative, basic, and major restorative services.
- Vision Insurance Offered
- Vision benefits are available to eligible employees through Group Vision Services. Vision coverage includes eye exams, lenses, contacts, and frames at specified intervals.
- Retirement Plan Offered
- Beltway Companies has established a 401(k) savings plan to provide employees the potential for future financial security for retirement. To be eligible to join the 401(k) savings plan, you must complete 6 months of service and be at least 21 years of age. The 401(k) savings plan allows you to elect how much salary you want to contribute (pre-tax or post-tax) and direct the investment of your plan account, so you can tailor your own retirement package to meet your individual needs. Beltway also contributes an additional matching amount (50% of the first 4% of contributions) to each employee's 401(k) contribution.
- Sick Leave Offered
- Sick time is included under our paid time off policy. (See Vacation)
- Vacation Offered
- Paid time off (PTO) is given to all employees (full-time and part-time) at the begining of the calendar year, based on their years of service. PTO is used at the employee's descretion to cover vacation, sick time, or personal pursuits.
- Paid Holidays Offered
- Beltway Companies grants Holiday Pay on the following holidays, even if the business location remains open: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve Day, and New Year's Day Holiday Pay is granted to all regular full-time employees who have completed 60 calendar days of service. Holiday pay is based on the employee's normal pay rate times the number of hours of a regular work day (8).
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- The Group Short Term Disability (STD) Plan offered through Reliance provides 60% of salary to a maximum weekly benefit of $1,000. The benefit begins on the 15th calendar day of the disability and will continue for the balance of 24 weeks from your date of disability. Beltway Companies pays the entire premium cost of this disability benefit.
- Life Insurance Offered
- Employees receive 1x their annual salary up to $100,000 as a Life/AD&D benefit. Beltway Companies pays for 100% of this benefit through Reliance. Benefits are reduced by 50% at age 70 and terminates at retirement. Beltway Companies provides eligible employees the option to purchase additional life up to $200,000 (not to exceed 5x your annual salary).
- Uniforms Offered
- Beltway Companies partners with a uniform service to provide technicians standard company uniforms, pick up soiled uniforms, and deliver freshly laundered uniforms every week.
- Other Offered
- Boot Reimbursement: Employees can receive up to $100.00 per calendar year towards the purchase of safety/steel toed boots/shoes. Paid OEM Training: Technicians receive additional straight time paid for training, such as International or Cummins coursework, taken during non-clocked hours, once they pass the required tests. Industry Certifications: All technicians are eligible for a $0.25 wage increase for every two (2) ASE certified training test passed (excluding Re-certifications). Tests are paid for by Beltway Companies whether passed or failed.
As a WrenchWay Top Shop, we are committed to promoting and improving technician careers!
Beltway Companies is family owned and operated and has over 240 employees with decades of combined experience and knowledge. Our team is proud to be an essential service and take advantage of our paid training and Clearpath program. We are always looking to add more talent so join our team and build your future!