Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
The shop is heated.
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
Technicians - 12 Advisors - 8 Managers - 1
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
The shop is open Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The two shifts are: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
We provide all factory special service tools, laptops, scan tools, battery chargers, torches, welder, and much more!
What type of break room facility is provided?
Locker room, employee break room with refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and vending machines.
How many bays does your shop have?
How many repair orders do you average per month?
Between 1,200 and 1,400 per month
What is your parts ordering process?
Technicians order parts digitally using the Xtime Inspect software system.
What is your policy on side work?
Side work is acceptable with management approval.
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
Manufacturer specific online and in-classroom training courses are offered and paid for by Lupient. We compensate technicians for their time to obtain ASE certifications and all ASE courses and tests are paid for by Lupient.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
We make a conscious effort to acknowledge talented employees and promote from within when opportunities become available. Tuition reimbursement and flexible work hours are offered to employees who are attending technical/trade schools.
Can you describe your performance review process?
We hold weekly and monthly department meetings where all employees are encouraged to participate and share feedback and ideas for improvement. We encourage daily feedback by both managers and employees so that expectations are clearly understood, growth plans are in place, and to support the success of the employee.
What type of safety training is required?
All employees complete online trainings through ComplyNet on hire and annually as required thereafter. ComplyNet is an automotive industry leader in Environmental, Health, and Safety trainings that are specific to the automotive industry. ComplyNet representatives perform quarterly inspections and provide feedback for improvements to be made to the shop to keep employees and customers safe. Shop specific trainings may additionally be provided by need on request.
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
We offer internships and apprenticeships to entry level technicians. Senior technicians who are part of our mentoring program receive compensation to aid in the development of other employees.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
Our stores are community driven and therefore, each location decides how it will give back to the community in which it operates each year. As a collective group, Lupient Automotive Group supports the Sanneh Foundation which empowers kids, improves young lives, and unites communities through the advancement of diversity, equity, and community well-being. In addition, Lupient supports the Wounded Warrior program and the Minneapolis Parks system, to name a few.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
We are actively involved in PAC meetings at local technical schools, engage in speaking events at local, state, and national events, attend career fairs to share information about the industry and answer questions, participate in local, state, and national competitions, and more! Representation from technicians is strongly encouraged!
Where do you see the shop in five years?
The Lupient Automotive Group is always looking for ways to serve our communities and expanding our footprint. We hope to open new stores in the next five years, providing more opportunity for advancement and jobs available to the workforce.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
All applicants must complete an application online via www.lupientcareers.com. The application process takes about 15 minutes to complete and includes contact information, work and pay information, work history, and education history.
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
The manager connects with the applicant by phone to learn more about the applicant's qualifications, desires of an employer, pay and schedule requirements, and a review of the position to ensure a potential job fit.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
The Manager and General Manager, if available, will conduct the in-person interview. Here, they will further discuss the applicant's experience and what they are looking for in their next position and in their career, share more information including a detailed overview of the position, training and career advancement, culture, and pay.
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
All applicants are subject to a drug test and background check (background check includes criminal history and motor vehicle records).
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
A skill assessment is not performed. We trust that the applicant is being honest about their skill level so that we can best support that person by providing the appropriate training and support to develop their skills and reach their goals.
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
Approximately one week, however, the timeframe may change with position.
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
The hiring process can take as little as one week from the time of submitting the application to the time a conditional offer of employment is made. The timeframe may change with position.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about your hiring process?
We encourage all applicants to ask questions that are important to them, including what is important to them in their next employer, position, and manager.
Lube Technicians are entry level technicians that focus on routine maintenance such as oil changes, changing tires, and inspections.
Pay Range: $33,176.00 - $41,600.00/year
($15.95 - $20.00/hr)
Hourly rate per collective bargaining unit plus opportunity for incentive pay.
Collision Technician - A Level
Pay Range: $56,368.00 - $90,000.00/year
Minimum hourly rate of $27.10 per collective bargaining unit. Incentive pay is commensurate with experience and hours booked.
Light Duty Technician
Pay Range: $38,896.00 - $52,000.00/year
Hourly rate per collective bargaining unit plus incentive pay.
- Health Insurance Offered
- All employees working 20+ hours per week are eligible the first of the month following employment.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- All employees working 20+ hours per week are eligible the first of the month following employment.
- Vision Insurance Offered
- All full-time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Eligible dependents include legal spouse and dependent children up to their 26th birthday. The plan utilizes the Superior Vision network – a wide-ranging network of eye care specialists around the country. Visit www.superiorvision.com to search for an in-network optometrist or ophthalmologist near you. Employees have two plan options – a full plan that includes eye examinations or a “materials only” plan that allows you to save on glasses, lenses and contacts.
- Retirement Plan Offered
- All employees working 20+ hours per week receive payments into a Pension Fund by the employer on behalf of the employee.
- Sick Leave Offered
- Employees earn three days of sick leave, awarded annually on the employee's employment anniversary.
- Vacation Offered
- Employees are awarded 40 hours of vacation after 90 days of employment to be used in the employee's first year of employment. 40 hours is then awarded at the employee's employment anniversary and increases with service.
- Paid Holidays Offered
- All full-time employees receive eight hours of pay on the following holidays when no work is performed: New Year's Day Memorial Day Independence Day Labor Day Thanksgiving Day Day after Thanksgiving Christmas Eve Christmas Day
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- Employees are eligible for short-term and long-term disability.
- Life Insurance Offered
- All full-time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Eligible dependents include legal spouse and dependent children up to their 26th birthday. Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance: Employee - You may purchase life and AD&D insurance for yourself in increments of $10,000 to a maximum of $500,000 or 5 times your annual salary. Spouse - You may purchase spouse life and AD&D insurance in increments of $5,000 to a maximum of $150,000 or 50% of your supplemental employee life election. Child - You may purchase child life and AD&D insurance in one of the following units: $1,000 / $2,000 / $4,000 / $5,000 / $10,000. One monthly premium covers all dependent children.
- Uniforms Not Offered
- Other Offered
- All full-time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Eligible dependents include your legal spouse and dependent children up to their 26th birthday. Accident Insurance: Accident Insurance pays you a lump-sum benefit for over 150 covered incidents – including fractures, concussions, burns and broken teeth. This policy also pays you if you need an ambulance, emergency room care and various therapy and lab-work. Purchase coverage for yourself or all your family members – often times the benefit payment can be used to pay your deductible for services incurred under the medical plan. Critical Illness: Critical Illness Insurance pays you a lump-sum benefit upon the diagnosis of a major illness or disease, such as cancer, heart attacks, stroke, kidney failure and more. Choose a coverage level of $10,000 or $20,000, guaranteed issue. Cover yourself, your spouse and/or your dependent children. One great feature is the wellness benefit – earn $50 back from MetLife by getting your annual preventive checkup (no cost under the medical plan). MetLaw Legal Plan: MetLaw provides you with telephone and office consultations for an unlimited number of matters with the attorney of your choice. During the consultation, the attorney will review the law, discuss your rights and responsibilities, explore your options and recommend a course of action. Pet Insurance through Nationwide: Pet Insurance offers you a way to save on both routine and unexpected pet care costs. You aren’t restricted to a specific veterinarian or vet network. The plan cost varies by the age of your pet, species, breed, size and plan type. You will receive a quote that provides review of your costs on a per-pay-period basis. Flexible Spending Account (FSA): FSAs are a great way to save on predictable medical, dental and vision costs – even dependent daycare expenses. These tax-advantaged accounts allow you to save a portion of your pre-tax earnings and reimburse yourself for the expenses you know you will incur.