Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
The shop is heated and air conditioned, it is comfortable to work in year round.
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
We have 28 employees in Service Department, including techs, service advisors, lot porters, warranty admin, receptionist.
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
Monday-Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday 8:00am to 4:00pm Schedules differ for different jobs
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
Special tools, we supply Ford Computers for diagnosis, flush machines, alignment rack, tire machines, wheel balance machine, brake lathes, and all special tools required by Ford.
What type of break room facility is provided?
We have two break rooms, one in the shop and one on the sales floor. Both break rooms are equipped with tv, refrigerator, microwave, tables and chairs.
How many bays does your shop have?
We have 32 bays
How many repair orders do you average per month?
We average around 1500 or more repair orders per month
What is your parts ordering process?
We order our parts through our dealership management system (DMS), which is currently CDK.
What is your policy on side work?
Outside employment or side work is secondary to your employment at Bob Moore and may not interfere with your job in any way.
Are there any other unique features of the work environment worth noting?
We are an expert auto service center with multiple locations that promotes great company culture, a safe and healthy work environment and supportive management.
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
Yes, we believe in investing in our team members.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
With multiple locations within the Auto Group, there are several ways to seek out new responsibilities and experiences in order to grow and further your career.
Can you describe your performance review process?
We believe in continuous feedback. A series of structured or unstructured conversations that take place in real-time with immediate feedback on your work quality, productivity level and overall performance.
What type of safety training is required?
We require and provide annual safety training to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
Our senior level technicians mentor and train newly graduated or apprentice technicians to better understand the industry, improve their strengths and sharpen their skills.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
We have supported numerous local charities, nonprofits, and civic outreach organizations in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa area.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
Yes, we partner with community and technical colleges to identify students interested in a career path in the auto industry.
Where do you see the shop in five years?
Our objective is to continue to provide exceptional experiences, improve processes, maintain the highest quality of service and invest in our team members.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about career development and community?
We have developed and maintained impactful relationships internally within our organization, with our customers and with the communities we serve. We're committed to achieving our common purpose of providing opportunities that fulfill dreams.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
We have an electronic application process that takes less than 10 minute to complete.
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
Phone screens depend on the position.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
You will meet with a hiring manager to provide details on your work experience, education and career goals in order to determine if this would be a good fit for both you and the company.
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
Yes, we perform a background check, drug screening and a motor vehicle records check.
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
Not at this time
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
Usually, within the same week as the interview..
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
This process can take up to 7 days, but typically its 3 days from start to finish.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about your hiring process?
Once hired, new team members will complete a two-day onboarding process and orientation to learn about the organization and its structure, culture, vision, mission and values.
Lube Technicians are entry level technicians that focus on routine maintenance such as oil changes, changing tires, and inspections.
Pay Range: $33,280 - $41,600/year
($16.00 - $20.00/hr)
Hourly pay and Based on skills / experience
Service Advisors are primarily customer focused and, as one of the faces of the shop, they are critical in keeping customers happy. Service Advisors are frequently focused on taking customer calls, relaying information to technicians, and selling repair jobs. Both technical and sales experience are helpful for this position.
Pay Range: $36,000 - $120,000/year
($17.31 - $57.69/hr)
Commission based position
Student Tech / Apprentice
Student technicians work on entry level tasks while completing their school programs.
Pay Range: $24 - $40/hour
flag hour rate based on skills/ experience/ certifications
- Health Insurance Offered
- Full-time employees working 30 or more hours each week are eligible for the benefits outlined below. We offer a competitive benefits package through United Healthcare to support your needs, whether you are single, married or raising a family.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- The dental plan is through Delta Dental providing you and your family with coverage for basic services, such as bi-annual cleanings and x-rays, up to more major services and orthodontia.
- Vision Insurance Offered
- The vision plan is offered through MetLife and the VSP Network providing preventive care through routine eye exams and provides additional coverage for corrective materials such as glasses or contact lenses.
- Retirement Plan Offered
- Employees, 21 years and older, are eligible to contribute and receive the employer match up (50% up to 4%) on the first of the quarter following 90 days of service.
- Sick Leave Offered
- We have sick leave options no matter what life throws at you.
- Vacation Offered
- We have paid leave options no matter what life throws at you.
- Paid Holidays Offered
- We offer six paid holidays and three floating holidays for our dealerships.
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- Short Term Disability is a paid benefit from the company. Voluntary Long Term Disability is available to elect with a benefit premium..
- Life Insurance Offered
- We offer company paid Basic Life Insurance and Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D). We offer additional life insurance coverage for dependent and spouse at a premium.
- Uniforms Offered
- The company will issue uniforms if applicable in your position.
- Other Offered
- Life Assistance Program: provides employees and their families confidential professional counseling and assistance with financial, legal, and other resources as needed. Employee Discount Program: discounts on vehicle maintenance and vehicle purchases. YMCA Membership Discount: receive 50% reimbursement for monthly YMCA membership fees, including registration fees.
As a WrenchWay Top Shop, we are committed to promoting and improving technician careers!
Jeff Gann, our service manager, describes the relationships between managers and technicians at Bob Moore Ford
Jeff Gann, our service manager, describes what makes a tech a great fit at Bob Moore Ford.
Jeff Gann, our service manager, describes a typical day at Bob Moore Ford as a technician