Durango Motor Company
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Durango Motor Company.
ABRA Auto Body Estimator
Come join an industry leader. With ABRA Auto Body and Glass our values are developing your talents to help you reach your career goals. As part of the Durango Motor Company team, we place a high focus on the guest experience and your personal career development and wellbeing. We place a high value on our employees and recruit those we see great potential in.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for up and coming professionals that are seeking the right opportunity for huge growth potential. We are looking for an Estimator to join our ABRA Auto Body and Glass team.
Pay Scale: $40,000.00-60,000.00 yearly.
- Career Advancement
- Paid Training
- Flexible PTO Plan
- Sick Leave Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Holiday Pay
- Discounted Rate Anytime Fitness Membership
- Reviewing repair cost estimates with body shop manager or production manager.
- Determining feasibility of repair versus replacement of parts, such as bumpers, fenders, and doors.
- Evaluating practicality of repair as opposed to payment of vehicle market value before accident.
- Preparing insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimate and recommendations.
- Estimating cost of repainting, converting to special purpose, or customizing undamaged vehicles.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from managers, and guests.
- Account management and development.
- Delivering a great customer experience by following established guidelines.
- A minimum of 1-2 years previous estimator experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures manual.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills, high level of initiative, and ability to work in a team.
- MS Office knowledge; computer software, internet proficiency, and general math skills.
- Previous Customer Service experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to multitask in a high stress task-oriented field.
- Experience in the estimating/body shop/automotive field Insurance company is preferred but willing to train the right candidate.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and have a valid driver’s license.
- Professional appearance in accordance with body shop policies/dress code
- Ability to remain in stationary positions (standing/sitting) for extended periods of time, 6 plus hours.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. comfortably.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, or stoop occasionally.
ABRA Auto Body & Glass is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.