Bill Jacobs Volkswagen
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Bill Jacobs Volkswagen.
Bill Jacobs Volkswagen is looking for a Shop Porter to assist management and our technicians in our busy Service Department.
The Shop Porter role is an excellent opportunity for someone aspiring to get their foot in the door of a busy shop and learn the foundations of becoming a successful technician.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Transports cars in/out of the shop for technicians.
- Maintains the tool room and keeps special tools organized.
- Scraps tires.
- Performs light cleaning of the shop.
- Shuttles customers.
- Picks up/delivers cars.
- Racks cars.
- Washes vehicles.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School Diploma or equivalent; technical school/training preferred
- Currently enrolled at UTI or another technical program with the goal of becoming an automotive technician
- 1+ years of previous work experience
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- Ability to handle machinery safely
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Earnings and Benefits
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Outstanding health insurance plans (PPO, HMO, and HSA) - Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Generous dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, and supplemental insurance plans – including Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, and Identity Theft Insurance.
- Excellent PTO
- 401K Plan with company contribution – eligible to participate on the first of the month following 60-days of employment
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts, and service.
- Wellness programs for employees and family members
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunity to further your career with a growing and successful organization
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour