Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
Our shop is air conditioned and heated.
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
Our shop is set up in teams, each has 10 - 12 technicians.
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
The shop is open from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday. The technicians only work five days a week; when they work Saturday as part of the rotation, they have a day off during the week. The technician shifts vary, early morning, morning, and late morning.
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
The dealership provides all BMW special tools and toolboxes; the technician is responsible for hand and power tools.
What type of break room facility is provided?
Our breakroom is equipped with a free coffee machine, chilled filtered water, microwaves, vending machines, a refrigerator, and a seating area.
How many bays does your shop have?
45 work bays
How many repair orders do you average per month?
2,500 repair orders on average per month.
What is your parts ordering process?
Parts are ordered using the Reynolds parts request portal.
What is your policy on side work?
Immediate family and outside of work hours with a repair order and prior approval from a manager.
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
We support our techs in attaining all factory certifications. We also have created a number of internal training paths to sharpen and develop the necessary skills to succeed.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
All of our brands are rapidly growing. There will be multiple opportunities for leadership minded individuals to shine, along with entry level techs to grow into future leadership positions.
Can you describe your performance review process?
We conduct annual performance reviews which consist of a self review and a manager review. Discussion includes how things are going, performance, and goals.
What type of safety training is required?
Lift, chemical, and driver safety trainings are conducted during orientation. We also conduct quarterly 15 min shop safety reviews and training sessions.
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
We currently have a program where younger techs can sign up and based on performance can enter into our accelerated learning program. This consists with 3 months of intensive diagnostic work, 3 months as our engine intake diagnostic specialist, and 3-6 months in our engine specific shop including then training the incoming techs in the program.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
Penske Automotive and Round Rock Hyundai participate in multiple Charitable activities. From supporting Paralyzed Veterans, to food and toy drives during the holidays. We are always looking for meaningful ways to give back to the community.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
We work with local tech schools and instructors to identify exceptional students interested in a career. For graduating UTI students we offer tuition reimbursement programs, see service manager for details.
Where do you see the shop in five years?
To build the best-of-class BMW dealership by hiring the right personnel and support trade school graduates in their quest to become master-level technicians.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about career development and community?
Our goal is to not just be a Job, but a career. Our philosophy is to always to the right thing. We do right by our customers, our employees, our manufacturer.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
Yes, the initial application is quick and easy to fill out and can be found at PAGJOBS.com
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
Yes, we perform a light screen to see where the candidates interest level is and a light discussion about their background.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
All applicants will interview with the Service Manager, Service Director, and General Manager during our screening process. Discussion includes their background, certifications and future goals.
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
Drug screens, background checks, and personality tests are performed
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
Approximately 2 weeks.
Lube Technicians are entry level technicians that focus on routine maintenance such as oil changes, changing tires, and inspections.
Pay Range: $35,000 - $45,000/year
Imagine working in a professionally and financially satisfying job where you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our organization and customers every day. As a Lube Technician, you will mount and balance tires and perform maintenance work per factory and dealership specifications and time standards for an excellent customer experience.
Master Level Technician
Pay Range: $80,000 - $150,000/year
The BMW Master Service Technician (Level 1) Level 1 BMW Technician ASE Certification Electrical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills are a plus Proficient in troubleshooting and computer diagnosis Good foundation of basic automotive technology Ability to drive manual transmission Must be able to perform heavy lifting Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Pay Range: $35,000 - $45,000/year
Imagine working in a professionally and financially satisfying job where you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our organization and customers every day. As a Tire Technician, you will mount and balance tires and perform maintenance work per factory and dealership specifications and time standards for an excellent customer experience.
BMW Certified Technicians
Pay Range: $70,000 - $140,000/year
Imagine working in a professionally and financially satisfying job where you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our organization and customers every day. As a Certified Technician, you will mount and balance tires and perform maintenance work per factory and dealership specifications and time standards for an excellent customer experience.
- Health Insurance Offered
- Eligibility for the below benefits begins on the first of month following 60 days of employment. You must enroll within your first 30 days of employment. Employees are eligible to elect one of the following medical plans: Penske Health InvestmentPlan (PHIP) –In-Network Highlights Penske Health ValuePlan (PHVP) –In-Network Highlights Employees enrolled in either plan may be eligible to participate in a Health Savings Account (HSA). After one year of employment, Penske will contribute to your HSA. To be eligible, you must contribute at least $100/Single or $200/Family per year. Penske will contribute up to $300/Single and up to $600/Family. Employees can also contribute to their HSA through payroll deductions up to the IRS Maximum (2022: $3,650 for single, $7,300 for family), inclusive of any company contributions.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- Employees are eligible to elect in one of the following dental plans: Delta Dental PPO Delta Dental HMO
- Vision Insurance Offered
- Employees are eligible to elect in VSP vision plans, which also include access to hearing discounts.
- Retirement Plan Offered
- Employees will be automatically enrolled in the 401(k) with a 2% contribution. Contributions will begin on the first of the month following 60 days employment. Employees may decline participation within 30 days before contributions begin. Current company match is 62 ½ cents on the dollar up to 4% of pay.
- Sick Leave Offered
- Up to 3 days of paid sick leave provided.
- Vacation Offered
- Vacation accruals are 1 week per year for employees with 0-3 years of tenure. Accrual increases to 2 weeks for employees with 3-7 years of tenure. Accrual increases to 3 weeks for employees with 7 or more years of tenure.
- Paid Holidays Offered
- Paid Holidays including 4th of July, Memorial day, Labor Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years Day.
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- Supplemental Short and Long term disability available through American Fidelity.
- Life Insurance Offered
- $10,000 in life insurance is provided to all employees free of charge. Additional life insurance options are available from American Fidelity.
- Uniforms Offered
- Uniforms provided.
- Other Offered
- Access to exclusive programs, perks, and discounts including apparel, car/truck rentals, mortgage services, tires and parts, and more Penske Vehicle Purchase Program Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program through ComPsych
This shop has not yet added any Shop Talk posts.