Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
Our shop is both heated and cooled.
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
Your team will consist of 7-8 technicians with a dedicated Team Lead.
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
Park Place Motorcars Dallas Shop Hours - M-F: 9:00AM - 7:00PM SAT: 9:00AM - 6:00PM SUN: Closed We have two shifts: 7:00AM - 5:00PM and 8:00AM - 6:00PM. We operate on a Saturday rotation, where you will work roughly 1 Saturday per month.
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
Our shop provides all special tools from the manufacturer, but our technicians are responsible for their day to day tools.
What type of break room facility is provided?
Park Place provides a premium facility to not just our clients, but our members. Our break room provides our team with TV's, vending machines, microwaves, air fryers, a full sink, coffee machines, filtered water and more...
How many bays does your shop have?
How many repair orders do you average per month?
700 open repair orders, 550 closed repair orders per month.
What is your parts ordering process?
Estimators order parts through OPS software
What is your policy on side work?
Only allowed for personal vehicles.
Are there any other unique features of the work environment worth noting?
We are the largest Collision Center in the United States focusing on high end Brands and Exotic vehicles. The entire facility has A/C and satellite radio throughout. We are Certified to work on Mercedes, Lexus, Volvo, Porsche, Jag/Land Rover, Bentley, Maserati, Rolls Royce, McLaren, and Nissan GTR.
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
We offer Manufacturer training through Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche, and Jaguar/Land Rover. As well as ASE and I-Car certification.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
We rely on our members to tell us where they want to go and then set a career path for them to reach their goals. Asbury Automotive Group has 90+ Dealerships and soon to be 38 Body Shops across the US and we are always looking for rock stars to take on new roles and advance their careers.
Can you describe your performance review process?
Annual performance reviews with direct supervisor to discuss what went well, what could improve, and goals for the Member moving forward.
What type of safety training is required?
All safety training will be given in first week of employment. (Osha, Hazardous Material, Lift Safety, Fire Safety, etc.)
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
Trainees work directly with an A Tech until proven independently sufficient.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
Park Place provides 40 hours annually for Volunteer Paid Time off to allow Members to serve the community through approved charitable foundations.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
We serve on multiple tech schools Board of Directors and welcome graduates from these programs to apply for our Tech Trainee positions.
Where do you see the shop in five years?
In five years our industry will be fully ingulfed with all-electric vehicles. Manufacturer training will be a huge commitment in order to make sure everyone can operate around these vehicles safely. Park Place leads the market in this area for high end/luxury EV’s. We will continue to invest heavily in our Members to grow them to be the best Experts in our field.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
Applicants can apply through Indeed Apply by simply submitting their resume. Applicants can also apply through the careers page. The application is not a long application. It is always helpful to have a resume attached to the application process.
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
This will vary.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
We generally review experience, availability, why the candidate is interested.
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
Yes. All candidates must complete the Caliper Assessment before they can be hired. Tech candidates must complete a Bennett Mechanical Aptitude assessment. We do a background check, which does include MVR and criminal history, as well as a drug screen.
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
This will vary.
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
This will vary.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about your hiring process?
We ask that candidates take the process seriously as well as the assessments they are asked to complete as we do use them as part of the selection process.
Collision Technician - A Level
Pay Range: $24 - $30/hour
1. Become Manufacturer Master Certified (MB or Lexus or JLR or Porsche as available) 2. Pass three ASE tests. (Body Technician) 3. Pass the Paint ASE test and complete OE and Paint Manufacturer Certification. (Painter) 4. Over five year’s automotive experience. 5. Bumper to bumper qualified. 6. Ability to diagnose and repair the most difficult problems with minimal assistance. 7. Exhibits ability and willingness to assist other technicians. 8. Flag minimum of 100 hours, with trainee or prepper 120 hours (Rolling 6mo. Avg.) A6 9. Flag 105-120 hours per week (Rolling 6mo. Avg.) A5 10. Flag 120-140 hours per week (Rolling 6mo. Avg.) A4 11. Flag 140-160 hours per week (Rolling 6mo. Avg.) A3 12. Flag 160-180 hours per week (Rolling 6mo. Avg.) A2 13. Flag 180+ hours per week (Rolling 6mo. Avg.) A1
Collision Technician - B Level
Pay Range: $20 - $23/hour
1. Participation in Star Certification Testing (As available) 2. Pass the Paint ASE test and complete OE or Paint Manufacturer Certification. (Painter) 3. Flag minimum of 90 hours per week (Rolling 6mo. avg.) 4. Three to five years automotive experience. 5. Bumper to bumper qualified with the ability to diagnose and repair most problems with minimal assistance from A tech. 6. SOE certification for dealer. 7. Pass two ASE Certification tests (Body Technician)
Pay Range: $22 - $23/hour
1. Participation in Star Certification Testing (As available) 2. Pass the Paint ASE test and complete OE or Paint Manufacturer Certification. (Painter) 3. Flag minimum of 90 hours per week (Rolling 6mo. avg.)
Pay Range: $20 - $21/hour
1. Participation in Star Certification Testing (As available) 2. Flag 60-80 hours per week (Rolling 6mo. avg.) 3. Two to three years automotive experience. 4.. SOE certification for dealer.
- Health Insurance Offered
- United Healthcare
- Dental Insurance Offered
- Vision Insurance Offered
- Retirement Plan Offered
- Sick Leave Not Offered
- Vacation Offered
- Paid Holidays Offered
- 6 paid Holidays
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- Life Insurance Offered
- Uniforms Offered
- Other Offered
- Paid parental leave Holiday match Stock program
This shop has not yet added any Shop Talk posts.