Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
The shop is Heated. Not Air Conditioned!
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
Staff of 15 and growing!
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
Monday-Thursday 7:30am - 6:30pm Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm 1st shift M-F 7:30am - 4:00pm 2nd shift M-Th 8:00am - 6:30pm
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
The shop has multiple general and specialty tools all Techs to use.
What type of break room facility is provided?
Our breakroom has Refrigerator, 2 microwaves, coffee maker and air fryer. General supplies and coffee provided for employee use.
How many bays does your shop have?
We have 11 single bays.
How many repair orders do you average per month?
100-150 service orders per month
What is your parts ordering process?
All Techs supply parts list and part numbers they know or research. Our parts Team does the ordering for all jobs.
What is your policy on side work?
Side work that is directly competitive with Clarke is prohibited. This can be discussed with manager.
Are there any other unique features of the work environment worth noting?
The Louisville TEAM is a friendly environment to work. Management usually cooks out for the employees once a month. Great atmosphere to come to work with!
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
Yes! Clarke has a complete training department with expert instructors. We offer both in-house and external training opportunities.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
Over 40% of our managers started out as technicians! We belief in career development and promotion. This helps our employees and our company succeed.
Can you describe your performance review process?
Formal Performance Evaluations with opportunity for pay increase are done at least once a year.
What type of safety training is required?
Clarke believes in safety at all times and has dozens of safety training modules for each new employee to complete, as well as, regular safety training throughout the year.
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
Our SMART Tech Program (SMART=Skilled, Mentored, And Real-world Trained) offers mentorship and continual development for entry level techs by our team of seasoned managers and technicians.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
Clarke asks for the input of each shop location each year in choosing organizations to benefit from our major corporate giving. We support organizations that are a part of the community where our employees live and work. We are proud to give more than $75,000 each year to these causes.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
Yes! Clarke branches are involved with local technical schools in hiring part-time students and regularly attending job fairs. Our Clarke leadership is heavily involved in the Truck Maintenance Council serving on committees working to increase awareness of the great career opportunities in the profession and to increase interest in technical school programs.
Where do you see the shop in five years?
All of our Clarke shops are growing! We hope to increase our Technician count by over 40%. That means we need more Technicians of all levels!
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about career development and community?
Clarke is still family owned since 1964! We believe in promoting career development which helps the employee and the company succeed. We believe in supporting community service organizations that are important to our employees.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
Apply online at www.clarkeww.com/careers Applying online takes less than 5 minutes.
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
Depending on the job opening and the location, we sometimes conduct phone screens prior to the onsite interview. Ideally, we'd like to meet with you in person as soon as possible!
What do your in-person interviews entail?
A discussion with the shop manager about the job opportunity and a tour of the shop. We can't wait to meet you and show you around!
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
We perform a standard background check, urine drug screen, and a brief job behaviors assessment.
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
A skills assessment is available for advance level technical positions.
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
We proceed quickly. Average time is less than 3 days.
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about your hiring process?
Our recruiting team works with you every step of the way to proceed quickly and confirm your start date!
A Level Technician
A Level Technicians are highly skilled technicians that have strengths in their diagnostic and mechanical ability. This level of technician typically has many years of experience and education. We view an A Level Technician as the highest skilled technician in a shop
Pay Range: $30 - $40/hour
B Level Technician
B Level Technicians are skilled in mechanical repair and, while not their specialty, have some diagnostic skills. B Level Technicians generally have a fair amount of experience and can be trusted to handle most repairs.
Pay Range: $25 - $30/hour
C Level Technician
C Level Technicians are more of entry level technicians. C Level Technicians’ responsibilities typically include basic maintenance, alignments, brake and suspension work, along with other base level repairs.
Pay Range: $20 - $25/hour
Student Tech / Apprentice
Student technicians work on entry level tasks while completing their school programs.
Pay Range: $18 - $20/hour
- Health Insurance Offered
- Clarke Power Services offers you the choice of the Premium Plan, Standard Plan, and PPO Plan through United Healthcare Insurance. If you choose a high deductible plan, you are eligible to enroll in a Healthcare Savings Account with a $1,000 company contribution each year. The HSA is your account, and should you leave Clarke, you take the account with you. Our medical plans offer great flexibility in managing care for you and your family.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- We off dental coverage for you and your family with a wide network of national providers offering coverage for routine preventative visits, basic, and major services.
- Vision Insurance Offered
- We offer a vision plan for you and your family that includes benefits for eye exams, eyeglasses and contacts, as well as discounts for various lens enhancements.
- Retirement Plan Offered
- Clarke offers a a 401 (k) Retirement Plan. You are eligible to join the plan if you are at least 18 years of age. Employees may participate in the 401(k) Retirement Plan the first of the month after your hire date. You can contribute 1% to 75% of your pay each period, subject to IRS maximums. Clarke contributes 3% of your gross wages weekly to your 401(k) plan. You are always 100% vested in your dollars and you are 100% vested in the Clarke Power Services 3% contributions after one year. That's right, regardless of your contribution level, Clarke will contribute 3% of your gross wages each week to your 401 (k) plan!
- Sick Leave Not Offered
- Vacation Offered
- Clarke offers paid vacation within the first year of service.
- Paid Holidays Offered
- Clarke provides 9 paid holidays each year.
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- Clarke provides eligible employees, at no cost with Short-Term Disability coverage should they become disabled with a non-work-related illness or injury. Benefits begin on the 1st day for accidents and the 8th day for sickness. You may be eligible for up to 75% of your weekly income up to maximum of $450 per week for up to 26 weeks. Clarke provides eligible employees the opportunity to apply and purchase Long-Term Disability coverage. This coverage provides income protection should you become disabled with a non-work-related illness or injury. After being disabled for 180 days if you are unable to perform your own occupation and upon claim approval, the Long-Term Disability plan may pay 60% of your eligible pre-disability earnings to a maximum of $5,000 per month for up to 2 years.
- Life Insurance Offered
- Life insurance is an important part of your financial well-being, especially if others depend on you for support. Clarke provides all eligible employees, at no cost, with a basic Life $20,000 benefit and an Accidental Death and Dismemberment $20,000 benefit. We also offer employees the opportunity to purchase additional life insurance coverage for them and their family.
- Uniforms Offered
- Clarke provides complete uniforms and laundry service.
- Other Offered
- Clarke offers Top Pay, Hiring Bonuses, and Employee Referral Incentives. We offer Tuition Reimbursement, Work Boots & Safety Glasses Reimbursement.