Come grow with us by joining our team as a Lot Porter/Utility! In this position, you will play a critical role for the company and will work alongside other professionals within the team and other departments. The utility position applies to a broad range of skills and responsibilities. The utility position requires one year of experience in the applicable areas of concentration. Areas of concentration generally include but are not limited to janitorial, vehicle detailing, driving, and facility. You will work under supervision to complete daily tasks. You must demonstrate the ability to complete tasks on time and in a professional manner and work well with others. You must follow all company policies and procedures while maintaining a clean, professional, and safe working environment. You will report directly to the Service Manager.
Who is Model 1, formerly known as Creative Bus Sales?
Since we got our start in 1980, Model 1 Commercial Vehicles has grown to become the nation’s largest dealership, representing more than 20 top manufacturers across the U.S. And we did it all by listening to and investing in customers like you. Customers who want more than a dealer. Customers who want a partner in creative solutions to the challenges you face today, and visionary thinking for what’s next.
It’s the strength of our relationships – both with customers and manufacturers – that allows us to keep a finger on the pulse of what you need and what’s possible to not just source but create together. Whether it’s custom-built vehicles or alternative fuel and electric vehicle (EV) options, you’ll have a partner from challenge all the way through solution and beyond.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
- Maintain proper DMV license to drive buses and maintain current medical card
- Pick up and deliver buses as directed
- Perform high-level responsibilities
- Take direction, keep a positive attitude, and perform high quality work
- Maintain and protect company owned property
- Always follow Company safety protocol and keep work environment clean
- Report all accidents and incidents involving company equipment
- Some utility work as assigned (when not on the road)
What You Will Gain
- Competitive benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, and vacation pay
- Continuous training to provide you the opportunity to develop your full potential and be a true business partner
- Access to an expansive network of mentors and networking opportunities
- Top quality technology to assist in your daily responsibilities to allow for more efficiencies to deliver outstanding customer service
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ experience in applicable field
- Must maintain a Commercial Drivers Licenses, Class B with air brake endorsement or higher
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation
- Must have a professional positive attitude
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for a long period of time
- Must have the ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Will be required to do frequent kneeling, stooping, squatting, crawling and climbing as needed to perform multiple tasks of position
- Must have good manual dexterity
- Must satisfactorily pass a drug test
- Must satisfactorily pass an alcohol test
At Model 1, we are committed to living our core values of Solving Problems, Setting the tone, Drive Forward, Find Balance and Own it. We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
*Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.