Model 1 - Phoenix
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Model 1 - Phoenix.
Automotive Service Technician
Position Overview: Model 1 seeks motivated and enthusiastic Entry-Level Service Technicians to join our dedicated team. Service Technicians are essential members of our service department and play a critical role in pre-delivery, maintenance, and repairing commercial vehicles, ensuring our customers receive top-notch service. This position is ideal for individuals who are passionate about the service repair industry, have strong mechanical aptitude, and are eager to start their career in the industry.
About Model 1: Model 1 is a family-owned and operated nationwide commercial vehicle dealer that offers sales, service, and warranty of numerous vehicle types ranging from minivans to forty-foot transit buses. Specializing in alternative fuels for over thirty years, the company is an industry leader in natural gas, propane, and battery electric vehicles. Our facilities are clean, safe, and updated with state-of-the-art shop equipment. Our service technicians are paid by the hour and work Monday through Friday with occasional opportunities for overtime work.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, filter replacements, and fluid checks, to ensure vehicles are operating at optimal levels.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues using appropriate tools, equipment, and diagnostic procedures.
- Assist senior technicians in repairing and servicing vehicles, including brake systems, engines, transmissions, suspension components, and exhaust systems.
- Conduct vehicle inspections to identify potential problems and recommend necessary repairs or maintenance to customers.
- Collaborate with team members to efficiently and effectively complete repair and maintenance tasks within specified timeframes.
- Keep accurate records of all work performed, including parts used, labor hours, and service details.
- Continuously update knowledge and skills through training and professional development opportunities.
- Follow all safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for yourself, colleagues, and customers.
- Communicate professionally and courteously with management, explaining repair and maintenance options clearly.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, ensuring all tools and equipment are properly stored and maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of a vocational or technical training program in automotive technology is a plus.
- Basic understanding of automotive systems, components, and operation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use diagnostic tools and equipment effectively is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and industry trends.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Physical stamina and dexterity to perform tasks that may involve lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Personal tools are not required.
- Competitive salary and potential for career advancement.
- On-the-job training and mentorship from experienced technicians.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of vehicles and gain valuable hands-on experience.
- Access to ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- Health and retirement benefits package.