Merritt Trailers - Henderson
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Merritt Trailers - Henderson.
D Level Technician
This classification of mechanic must have all of the following criteria, in addition to all aspects of the Level E Technician position. This technician level is generally reserved for technicians with 1.5 to 3 years of experience.
- 76% to 90% efficient on all jobs, with 90% accuracy of work.
- Ability to complete simple welds with aluminum and steel Mig (including horizontal, vertical, and gap welding in all metal thickness).
- Completes all suspension repairs on Hendrickson suspensions with assistance (excluding axle replacements), this includes suspension bushings, hanger and cross member replacements, and frame rail repairs.
- Proficient at running light test carts and electrical troubleshooting on all circuits – ability to track down shorts and repair all lights.
- Complete online Truck Lite online training certifications.
- Complete Hendrickson online Suspension Brakes and Hubs courses.
- Perform FHWA/DOT inspections and PM inspections.
- Ability to identify and communicate to the Parts Department the parts needed for a job prior to disassembly.
- Must be able to install all Shurco tarp components manual and electrical without assistance.
- Troubleshoot electric tarp issues and repair without assistance.
- Basic understanding of the Abs System and pass Merritt Abs level testing and the ability to diagnose and understand 70% of Abs codes without assistance.
- Basic knowledge of Merritt livestock, refer, and Dry can trailer components and all areas of the trailers.
- Ability to perform basic repairs on interior of Merritt livestock, Refer, and Dry van trailers. Basic understanding of paperwork flow through the facility and properly fill out work orders, DOT, and Preventative Maintenance sheets.
- Minimum of 2 years in the trailer repair industry.
Mid-level position – 1.5 to 3 years of experience Compensation – $22.25 to $25.00 hourly