Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
Is the shop heated? YES Air conditioned? Front Office Only
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
Monday-Friday: 7:30am-5:00pm CST
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
Torch Speciality Tools (trans) Snap On Scanner Parts Washer Presses Jacks
What type of break room facility is provided?
Room away from the shop to relax.
How many bays does your shop have?
5 Lifts - (4) 2-post, (1) drive on; plus back shop contains several flat bays.
How many repair orders do you average per month?
Since we are transistioning from a Transmission shop to full service, the average has not yet been established.
What is your parts ordering process?
Service Advisors and Shop Managers order parts for repair orders.
What is your policy on side work?
Must have prior approval.
Are there any other unique features of the work environment worth noting?
Work Benches Cleanliness of shop Outdoor Picnic Area Large Facility Laid back setting Loading Dock Forklift
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
We believe in providing each of our teammates the opportunity to stay on the forefront of the rapidly changing auto repair landscape. To do so we provide free ongoing training opportunities through our own training program and various partner programs.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
No matter what position you begin in, there is opportunities for growth. We love to promote from within - advancing techs to advisors or shop managers, shop managers to district managers, district managers to regional managers, ETC. Any teammate is encouraged to express interest in our shop support roles for IT, Marketing, HR, Finance, Construction, Integration…the possibilities are endless.
Can you describe your performance review process?
Our approach to performance reviews is less formal and more collaborative. We don’t wait until the end of the year to let you know what you are doing well and how you could sharpen your skill. Our shop manager is in regular communication with our technicians to ensure they are supported and acknowledged for the work they are doing.
What type of safety training is required?
We require safety training on: 1. Hazard Communication Plan 2. Personal Protective Equipment 3. Welding (if they are going to weld) 4. Emergency & Fire Plan 5. Bloodborne Pathogen Awareness 6. Lockout/Tagout Awareness 7. Pollution Prevention 8. Safe Driving 9. Shop Safe Practices 10. Electric Vehicle Awareness 11. OSHA-EPA Training 12. Lift Operator Training 13. Section 609 (if they are going to work with coolant)
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
We are an active part of the Portage community, sponsoring various community events and engaging with the community.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
Where do you see the shop in five years?
Established in Full-Service Repairs
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
Yes, 5 minutes max
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
Yes, quick assessment.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
First a meeting with the Service Manager, then a second interview with the district manager.
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
Not at this time.
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
Most often within 1 day.
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
Can be a quick as 1 day, up to 1 week.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about your hiring process?
Communication is key, this allows everyone the smoothest possible transition.
A Level Technician
A Level Technicians are highly skilled technicians that have strengths in their diagnostic and mechanical ability. This level of technician typically has many years of experience and education. We view an A Level Technician as the highest skilled technician in a shop
Pay Range: $28 - $44/hour
TWO PAY PLAN OPTIONS AVAILABLE – Paid Bi-weekly A Technician Hourly Pay Plan: Clock Rate: Hourly pay for clock time worked + overtime after 40 hours per week. a. Tier 1 Billed Hours Bonus - $32 bonus for every hour billed between 80-89.99 in a pay period. b. Tier 2 Billed Hours Bonus - $34 bonus for every hour billed between 90-99.99 in a pay period. c. Tier 3 Billed Hours Bonus - $36 bonus for every hour billed 100+ in a pay period. A Technician Flat Rate Pay Plan: Flat Rate: Paid flat rate for every hour billed (no overtime). • 65 hour bi-weekly guarantee. However, tech must work at least 80 hours in the pay period to receive the guarantee. The guarantee is paid out at Teammates base rate. a. Tier 1 Billed Hours Accelerator: $4 additional when an A Tech bills 70-79.99 in a pay period. b. Tier 2 Billed Hours Accelerator: $6 additional when an A Tech bills 80-89.99 in a pay period. c. Tier 3 Billed Hours Accelerator: $8 additional when an A Tech bills 90+ hours in a pay period. *The accelerators are retro to the first hour worked.
B Level Technician
B Level Technicians are skilled in mechanical repair and, while not their specialty, have some diagnostic skills. B Level Technicians generally have a fair amount of experience and can be trusted to handle most repairs.
Pay Range: $23 - $35/hour
TWO PAY PLAN OPTIONS AVAILABLE – Paid Bi-weekly B Technician Hourly Pay Plan: Clock Rate: Hourly pay for clock time worked + overtime after 40 hours worked per week. a. Tier 1 Billed Hours Bonus - $26 bonus for every hour billed between 70-79.99 in a pay period. b. Tier 2 Billed Hours Bonus - $28 bonus for every hour billed between 80-89.99 in a pay period. c. Tier 3 Billed Hours Bonus - $30 bonus for every hour billed 90+ in pay period. B Technician Flat Rate Pay Plan: Flat Rate: Paid flat rate for every hour billed (no overtime). • 65 hour bi-weekly guarantee. However, tech must work at least 80 hours in the pay period to receive the guarantee. The guarantee is paid out at Teammates base rate. b. Tier 1 Billed Hours Accelerator: $4 additional when a B Tech bills 60-69.99 in a pay period. c. Tier 2 Billed Hours Accelerator: $6 additional when a B Tech bills 70-79.99 in a pay period. d. Tier 3 Billed Hours Accelerator: $8 additional when a B Tech bills 80+ hours in a pay period.
- Health Insurance Offered
- GreatWater 360 Auto Care offers group health insurance benefits to all eligible full-time team members. Employees can enroll for health insurance benefits on their first day of employment. Blue Care Network (BCN) or Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of MI Medical Plans: There are multiple medical benefits optionsthat give you the flexibility to choose the one that works best for your needs.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- All regular full-time team members are eligible for the Company dental plan on their first day of employment. Dental Plan - Guardian
- Vision Insurance Offered
- All regular full-time team members are eligible for the Company vision care plan on their first day of employment. However, team members must enroll in the benefit to receive the benefit. Vision Plan - Guardian
- Retirement Plan Offered
- 401(k): GreatWater Garages matches 100% of the first 3% you contribute. We match an additional 50% on the next 2% you contribute to your 401(k). 90 day waiting period to join 401(k).
- Sick Leave Offered
- In accordance with the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), GreatWater 360 Auto Care provides up to 12 or 26 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave in a 12-month period to covered employees in certain circumstances.
- Vacation Offered
- Paid Time Off: PTO time is front loaded every Jan. 1st for the calendar year. You'll start with a prorated amount of PTO the 1st year. 40 hours after Jan. 1st
- Paid Holidays Offered
- GreatWater offers the following paid holidays each year for full-time team members: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- Short-Term Disability – 60% of weekly earnings with a duration of benefits up to 13 weeks. Long-Term Disability – 60% of monthly earnings with a duration of benefits up to normal retirement age.
- Life Insurance Offered
- Voluntary Life & AD&D EE/Spouse & Child(ren)–EE Guarantee issue up to $150,000. Spouse up to 100% ofEE’s election amount. Child(ren) up to $10,000 of coverage
- Uniforms Offered
- Uniforms are provided at no cost.
- Other Offered
- Health Savings Account Employer Match: The company will match dollar for dollar up to a maximum of $15.00 per bi-weekly paycheck if you enroll in one of the H.S.A. eligible health plans above. Basic Life & AD&D: GreatWater Garages provides employees with $25,000 ofcoverage at no cost. Employee Assistance Program (EAP): A 24-hourconfidentialcounseling service through Guardian is provided to all employees and families at no cost. Thisisto help with marriage/family issues,stress, drug and alcohol dependency, depression, anxiety and many other life challenges. Accident - Pays a lump sum benefit to you for injuriescaused by a covered accident. Critical Illness– Pays a lump sum benefit upon diagnosis of a covered critical illness. Pay Schedule: Employees are paid by direct deposit bi-weekly, a total of 26 times per year.
Monthly Poll Question
Answer a poll question for a chance to win $500 plus $500 for a local High School.