Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
Teton Toyota's shop is heated.
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
The teams vary from 3-4 members per team with one main shop ASM and two express ASM's.
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
The shop hours are from 7am - 6 pm (Monday-Saturday) with a four day work week schedule that rotates every two weeks. The shifts consist of: -Monday-Thursday (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off) -Wednesday-Saturday (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off) -Monday-Tuesday, Friday-Saturday (Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday off) -Monday-Friday (Saturday and Sunday off)
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
The shop is equipped with all special tools required by the manufacturer, 3 tire machines, 2 balancers, and 1 alignment rack.
What type of break room facility is provided?
Our break room consists of lockers, a fridge, microwave, and a TV.
How many bays does your shop have?
17 bays with brand new lifts installed in 2020 that are in the ground.
How many repair orders do you average per month?
What is your parts ordering process?
We have online ordering and a Parts and Availability paper copy.
What is your policy on side work?
Technicians are able to work on personal vehicles outside of normal working hours.
Are there any other unique features of the work environment worth noting?
In 2020, we replaced all lifts with new in ground lifts. All new LED lighting was installed throughout the shop. We included a new alignment machine, added a tire machine, and a balancer. All main services is completed through our express bay allowing line technicians to focus on repair and bigger maintenance items.
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
Teton Toyota, working with its manufacturers, provides periodic training courses for qualified employees. In addition, eligible employees may be given the opportunity to attend training programs that will enable them to improve their skills and qualify for advancement.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
We believe in growing employees from within and providing every employee with a detailed career path.
Can you describe your performance review process?
We perform a 90 day and annual employee evaluation initiated by the employee and then the manager.
What type of safety training is required?
All OEM and state or federal mandated training
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
We offer our higher level technicians the opportunity to mentor younger technicians and compensate then accordingly
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
We are working with both the local high school as well as community colleges nearby that offer automotive programs
Where do you see the shop in five years?
I see our shop as the leader and premier employer in the automotive industry in Idaho Falls.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about career development and community?
Our career path is revolutionary in the sense that it leaves nothing to question. An entry level tech could begin their career at Teton Toyota and on day 1 know what is expected and required of them to reach their goals in this industry.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
Yes, Typically 3-8 Minutes.
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
Yes, we will get in touch to ask some initial questions. More technical questions regarding a job duty are discussed in a formal interview setting.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
Will likely include the department manager, along with the Parts manager and we do a formal interview
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
Yes, we do perform drug screening and background check as a term of hire.
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
No, our interview process and questions are how we determine assumed knowledge of an applicants skills.
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
Offers can be made as quickly as same day. The most wait we would have would be 48 hours.
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
Offers being same day, the process could take as short as 3-4 days awaiting drug screening or background check, or if the applicant has a prior commitment of employment, we would wait for that to expire.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about your hiring process?
Due to the diverse skills of our managers, applicant could be invited to interview within one day of application.
A Level Technician
A Level Technicians are highly skilled technicians that have strengths in their diagnostic and mechanical ability. This level of technician typically has many years of experience and education. We view an A Level Technician as the highest skilled technician in a shop
Pay Range: $60,000 - $100,000/year
Compensation level reflects a tenured technician who is ASE Master Certified and holds all applicable Toyota Master Certification . - Skilled in 6 or more repair categories - 5 or more years automotive import dealership experience - Competent in repair and diagnosis - Productivity - at or above 125% - Comprehensive set of tools
B Level Technician
B Level Technicians are skilled in mechanical repair and, while not their specialty, have some diagnostic skills. B Level Technicians generally have a fair amount of experience and can be trusted to handle most repairs.
Pay Range: $50,000 - $70,000/year
Compensation level reflects a technician who is ASE Master Certified and holds all applicable Toyota Expert Certification. - Skilled in 4 or more repair categories - 3 or more years automotive dealership experience - Productivity - at or above 115% - Complete set of tools
C Level Technician
C Level Technicians are more of entry level technicians. C Level Technicians’ responsibilities typically include basic maintenance, alignments, brake and suspension work, along with other base level repairs.
Pay Range: $35,000 - $60,000/year
Compensation level reflects a technician who is ASE Certified in 2 or more areas, while holding a current Toyota Expert Certification. - Skilled in 3 or more repair categories - 2 or more years general automotive experience - Productivity - at or above 110% - Complete set of tools
Lube Technicians are entry level technicians that focus on routine maintenance such as oil changes, changing tires, and inspections.
Pay Range: $29,000 - $38,000/year
($13.94 - $18.27/hr)
Compensation level reflects a technician who has no experience to some experience in maintenance repairs
Student Tech / Apprentice
Student technicians work on entry level tasks while completing their school programs.
Pay Range: $13 - $16/hour
Entry level skills (light line and maintenance repairs) - Entry position - general automotive experience - Tech school required (trade school, vocational, or T-TEN apprenticeship program) - Productivity - at or above 100% - Starter set of tools
- Health Insurance Offered
- We offer medical insurance coverage for our full-time employees, beginning the first day of the month after completion of 60 (sixty) days of continuous employment. This is shorter than your 90 day introductory period. We provide assistance by paying a portion of the monthly premium cost of this insurance for the employee. All options are available through payroll deduction, if you have any questions regarding individual deductions contact the Human Resources Manager. Family coverage is also available for eligible dependents at the employee’s expense through payroll deductions.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- We offer dental insurance coverage for our full-time employees, beginning the first day of the month after completion of 60 (sixty) days of continuous employment. This is shorter than your 90 day introductory period. We provide assistance by paying a portion of the monthly premium cost of this insurance for the employee. All options are available through payroll deduction, if you have any questions regarding individual deductions contact the Human Resources Manager. Family coverage is also available for eligible dependents at the employee’s expense through payroll deductions.
- Vision Insurance Offered
- We offer vision insurance coverage for our full-time employees, beginning the first day of the month after completion of 60 (sixty) days of continuous employment. This is shorter than your 90 day introductory period. We provide assistance by paying a portion of the monthly premium cost of this insurance for the employee. All options are available through payroll deduction, if you have any questions regarding individual deductions contact the Human Resources Manager. Family coverage is also available for eligible dependents at the employee’s expense through payroll deductions.
- Retirement Plan Offered
- After one year of continuous employment we offer a 401K savings plan to all full-time eligible employees. The terms and conditions of the 401K Savings Plan are controlled by the Plan Document. We offer a match program for all employees who have been employed continuously with the company for one calendar year. We highly encourage our employees to participate in the plan. We also offer a profit sharing option for full time employees after one year of service as well. We review the profit sharing portion of this policy yearly to deem it feasible.
- Sick Leave Offered
- All full time employees who have successfully completed their introductory period may take up to six (6) paid sick days per calendar year. This up to a maximum of 48 hours. This benefit does not accrue and cannot be carried over from one year to the next. Unused sick leave will be forfeited upon termination of employment. Sick leave does not count as “hours worked” for purposes of calculating an employee’s entitlement to overtime during the week in which the absence occurs. If you have questions regarding how many hours you will be paid for please consult with the controller. Sick leave policy applies to all full-time employees.
- Vacation Offered
- All full-time employees, who have successfully completed their introductory period, are eligible for vacation benefits. The length of vacation depends on the number of years of your service. All vacation pay calculations are based on a 40 hour work week. Vacation does not accrue; rather vacation is awarded upon the successful completion of each full year of service. Your full amount of vacation time is available for your use beginning each year on your anniversary date. For example, if you were hired July 1, 2007, you would have 1 week of paid vacation available for your use during the anniversary year July 1, 2008-June 30, 2009. We encourage all employees to take their earned vacation tie. Vacation earned may not be accumulated and carried over into the following anniversary year. No pay will be given in lieu of taking your vacation. Complete Years of Continuous Service Paid Vacation schedule: After 1 Year 40 Hours After 3 years 80 Hours After 7 years 120 Hours After 15 years 160 Hours
- Paid Holidays Offered
- After completion of the introductory period, full-time employees, other than commission paid employees, will receive the following days off with pay: New Years Day Easter Memorial Day Fourth of July Labor Day Thanksgiving Christmas Day
- ST / LT Disability Not Offered
- Life Insurance Offered
- Every employee is covered with a $50,000 life insurance policy and can be upgraded
- Uniforms Offered
- Uniforms Provided and Laundered by 3rd Party Company
- Other Not Offered
As a WrenchWay Top Shop, we are committed to promoting and improving technician careers!