Under The Hood
Is the shop heated? Air conditioned?
What is the size of the team I’d be working with?
2 Master Tech's 1 Apprentice 1 Lube Tech 2 Advisors 1 CSR 3 Facilities Assistants
What are the shop hours and what are the shift timeframes?
Hours are: - 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Thursday - 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM Friday - Closed on Saturday and Sunday. Alternate Work Schedules are available.
What tools does the shop provide that are available for all technicians to use?
Specialty tools such as: Pullers, Timing Chain service, Cooling System Pressure Tester, Fuel Cap Pressure Tester, Hub Tamer, Leak Detection Equipment Larger equipment such as Pico Scope, Autel MaxiSys, Snap On Smart Smoke, Snap On Portable 5 gas, Pro-Cut Brake Lathe, Hunter Alignment, Lincoln Welding Equipment, BG Fluid Service Machines, A/C service Equipment, Midtronics GR8 Battery & Electrical System Diagnostic Station, Hydraulic Press, Hot Water Pressure Washer, Lincoln Trans, Fuel Tank Jack.
What type of break room facility is provided?
Offices are available for tech breaks
How many bays does your shop have?
5 bays, 6 lifts (1 outside)
How many repair orders do you average per month?
What is your parts ordering process?
Advisors order 95% of parts online through our Point of Sale System. All employees can track ordered parts.
What is your policy on side work?
We're generally against it. We're not going to send a drone to follow you, but if you are inclined to do side-work, we'd like to have a man-to-man about it.
Are there any other unique features of the work environment worth noting?
There is a three week limit on the "I'm a Loner" vibe; it's rare for anyone to stop you from taking on a challenge that's hopelessly over your head; people who can admit they made a mistake get an eerie sort of respect, it's weird; there's coffee. It's just OK.
Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
- Foster weekly hands on training events from a Master Tech's or Mentor. - CTI/WHI Online curriculum and Virtual Classroom. - Other specialty and industry training tech's are interested in or as available. - ASA Summit - Vision in Kansas City.
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
- Apprentices moving into the Repair Tech position. - Repair Technicians moving into the Master Tech Position. - Master Tech aspiring into a Mentoring position for younger and/or aspiring technicians. - Specialized training and Certification for Hybrid and EV Vehicles. -It's your career. What were you thinking? We're game.
Can you describe your performance review process?
- Quarterly reviews designed to for bi-lateral feedback with SMART Goals - Improvements in procedures, processes for management and employees.
What type of safety training is required?
- Approximately 16 hours of OSHA training in the critical areas and - Quarterly Safety Meetings on topics of relevance.
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
Sometimes it is simply side-by-side coaching, other times it is dedicated mentoring. Sometimes there is the opportunity for an apprentice or Facilities Assistant to fill the role of Tech Assistant, simply providing assistance to the Senior Techs. Sometimes it is a Senior Tech on a Leadership Compensation to guide and direct an apprentice.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
We love to give back to the local community and are involved with local church support events, AAA community events, fundraisers for homelessness relief, St. Jude, and Precious Child campaigns. Nothing is mandated, and everyone usually brings their own pet projects to the table.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
- Local High School students working as Facilities Assistants. - Internships with High School STEM programs. - Advisory Board with Front Range Community College. - Wyo Tech Career placement services.
Where do you see the shop in five years?
We envision either a substantial expansion project at our current location to be completed, or occupancy of a new much larger facility within a 1 to 5 mile radius.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about career development and community?
It's personal and individual and we respect that.
Do you have an application form and how long does it typically take to complete?
We like to reverse the typical process and start with the face-to-face, core competency stuff, then move toward the more evidentiary and data-driven stuff when both parties feel like it's worth the slog.
Do you phone screen applicants before doing in-person interviews?
- This is an option; we have no typical process. We've had first touches through text, email, and in-person. Since we're not using robotic AI and massive HR departments, we have the luxury of being human. -We do like to understand core competencies required for doing the job. It's great to find out if this is someone you'd 'like to go have a beer with' but the fact is, we have jobs to do and that comes first.
What do your in-person interviews entail?
- Getting to know each other to understand personality, attitude, and character. - Interviews are more of an informal conversation that focus on understanding goals, objectives and expectations of everyone involved. - Applicants are encouraged to meet with any of the other employees, separately or together
Do you perform background checks, drug screening, or personality tests before hiring an applicant?
-We do background checks. We don't screen for drugs as a matter of employment, but we're a drug-and-alcohol-free environment, obviously, and any behavior or incident that warrants a drug test will get one, and evidence of drug use is a cause for immediate termination.
Do you perform a skill assessment before hiring an applicant? If yes, what does it entail?
Yes. But it's not extensive, rigid, or a deal-breaker. lt's typically a simple, written survey to understand where the strengths are and where untapped potential may be hiding.
After an in-person interview, approximately how long should I expect to wait for a rejection or an offer?
-Figure 1-2 days after an in-person interview, and 14 days, max, for the entire process.
Approximately how long does the full hiring process take from submitting the application to the time of the hiring decision?
On our end, it's 7-14 days. Typically. However, there have been candidates who had decisions to make in terms of relocating or moving out of the industry, and we will invest the time for the right candidate.
Is there anything else you’d like to mention about your hiring process?
It is very flexible and something we work hard at, not rushing into a hire. The candidate, team, and management need to be comfortable that it will be a good fit and all truly understand each others' expectations.
A Level Technician
A Level Technicians are highly skilled technicians that have strengths in their diagnostic and mechanical ability. This level of technician typically has many years of experience and education. We view an A Level Technician as the highest skilled technician in a shop
Pay Range: $85,000 - $135,000/year
($40.87 - $64.90/hr)
A competent and accomplished Master Technician will earn 6 figures with a realistic quantity of high quality services in a 40 - 45 hour work week. They perform advanced troubleshooting procedures for a variety of issues with today's vehicles and are compensated for the time required to perform the tests and inspections necessary to provide an accurate and thorough diagnosis, rather than the typical 1 hour for anything and everything. The Master Technician also performs advanced repair and service operations, compensated by the typical flat rate, with justified modifications for identified variables. Technicians time is our most valuable asset and believe compensation should reflect it. Master Technicians are encouraged to Mentor their peers, and are compensated for that time and effort. Tuition for training is paid along with compensation for the time spent in training activities.
B Level Technician
B Level Technicians are skilled in mechanical repair and, while not their specialty, have some diagnostic skills. B Level Technicians generally have a fair amount of experience and can be trusted to handle most repairs.
Pay Range: $65,000 - $115,000/year
($31.25 - $55.29/hr)
A talented and skilled Repair Technician will earn a strong and consistent income with a reasonable quantity of quality completed services in a 40 - 45 hour work week. They perform standard troubleshooting procedures for a variety of issues and symptoms and are compensated for the tests and inspections required to provide an accurate and thorough diagnosis, rather than the typical 1 hour for anything everything. The Repair Technician performs traditional repair and service operations that are compensated by the typical flat rate, with justified modifications for identified variables. Technicians time is our most valuable asset and believe compensation should reflect it. Repair Technicians are encouraged and inspired with resources to aspire to Master Technician. Tuition for training is paid along with compensation for the time spent in training activities.
C Level Technician
C Level Technicians are more of entry level technicians. C Level Technicians’ responsibilities typically include basic maintenance, alignments, brake and suspension work, along with other base level repairs.
Pay Range: $50,000 - $75,000/year
A capable and inspired Maintenance Technician will earn a stable wage with a steady quantity of quality maintenance services in a 40 - 45 hour work week. They perform basic troubleshooting procedures for minor leaks and visual failures. The Maintenance Technician is compensated on an hourly rate with bonuses for exemplary service and support of their Master and Repair Technicians. Maintenance Technicians are encouraged and inspired with resources to aspire to a Repair Technician. Tuition for training is paid along with compensation for the time spent in training activities.
Lube Technicians are entry level technicians that focus on routine maintenance such as oil changes, changing tires, and inspections.
Pay Range: $34,000 - $45,000/year
Lube Technicians are expected to perform Visual Digital Maintenance Inspections, Oil Changes, Fluid Services, filter replacements and tire rotations. Lube Technicians are encouraged and inspired with resources to aspire to a Maintenance Technician. Tuition for training is paid along with compensation for the time spent in training activities.
Student Tech / Apprentice
Student technicians work on entry level tasks while completing their school programs.
Pay Range: $16 - $28/hour
Apprentice serves the floor and has two months to determine a defined career path for training and mentoring.
- Health Insurance Offered
- Currently we offer a plan through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Typically, the employee benefit is fully covered.
- Dental Insurance Offered
- Provided with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Plan.
- Vision Insurance Offered
- Provided with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Plan.
- Retirement Plan Offered
- A Simple IRA program where the company matches the employee's contribution -up to 3% of their earnings.
- Sick Leave Offered
- All employees will be provided up to 48 hours per year of Sick Pay (personal unplanned time off) accrued based on the amount of hours they are at work.
- Vacation Offered
- 1 week after the first year, 2 weeks after the second year. Bonus week every 5 years. Additional time earned with increased produciton.
- Paid Holidays Offered
- New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Employees have the option of a 4 day weekend for 4 of the above Holidays.
- ST / LT Disability Offered
- Disability Insurance is provided through AFLAC.
- Life Insurance Offered
- Disability Insurance is provided through AFLAC.
- Uniforms Offered
- Uniforms and Jackets are provided and laundered by the company through a local uniform service.
- Other Offered
- Tuition is paid for Job Related Training and most Personal Improvement Training. Time spent in training is compensated.
Jon, our Master Tech with phenomenal knowledge and experience talks about why he enjoys working with us.
Thanks to all the great gear heads for sharing their really cool cars with us and helping to make the day great.
Awesome day thanking the community for their trust and confidence in us. Cool cars, Barbeque lunch, and lots of great people.