Craig's Car Care
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Craig's Car Care.
Craig’s Car Care Automobile /General Service Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
- Maintains an efficient diagnostic / work flow on the shop factory floor.
- Provides driving customers to and from the shop when asked by the service advisors.
- Responsible for cleaning the overall shop including break rooms, bath rooms, wash rooms. Common areas in and around the inside and outside of the shop. Keeping the parking lot clean of trash.
General Service Job Duties:
- Keeps equipment available for use for inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Be able to obtain an ASE G-1 certification within 1 year of employment
- Has at least 1 years actual experience in an automotive service and repair facility
- Reports to work and clocks in by 06:50 Monday- Friday during normal working hours
- Obtain their state vehicle inspectors license in 90 days of employment
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by protecting paint and inside of vehicle than cleaning after repairs.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs in Auto Vitals.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting break downs; maintaining supplies and notifying the front office if more or help is needed beyond what the general service can do.
- Performing shop equipment preventive maintenance; calling for repairs by general service staff as needed.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt of parts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational training opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Attending at least 6 training classes per year.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Lifting, Positive Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information, Honesty