Kunes Mad City Mitsubishi of Madison
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Kunes Mad City Mitsubishi of Madison.
B Level Technician
The Automotive Specialty Technician will perform specialty repair work and maintenance for cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles, with a focus on one system or function.
- Specializes in one area of motor vehicle repair, such as transmissions, radiators, brakes, air conditioning, or another specific component of an automobile.
- Identifies mechanical problems, either visually or with computer diagnostic equipment.
- Performs tests on specific parts and systems to confirm proper mechanical function; ensures that all critical parts are examined.
- Performs repairs, replacements, or maintenance.
- Repairs or replaces malfunctioning parts and systems such as brake pads, brake rotors, radiators, transmissions, and other mechanical parts.
- Performs further tests that may include test driving the vehicle to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the specialized area and general vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read work orders.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence certification for area of expertise.
- Three years of Prior experience
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.