Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Scherer Lincoln.
B Level Technician
Service Technicians are responsible for performing work on customer vehicle with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and Lincoln standards.
Service Technicians must be aware of the latest automotive technologies, stay up to date with Lincoln training, and be a persistent problem solver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs work specified on repair orders
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and Lincoln standards
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain needed parts
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean—notify a service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle
- Keep shop area neat and clean
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manual; returning them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received. Maintains knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair
- Participate in training assigned by the Service Director
- Stay up-to-date with Lincoln training programs
- Keep abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner • Report any safety issues immediately to management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years of automotive experience preferred Education / Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED, required Certifications / Licensures
- Valid Driver’s License, Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record as outlined by company policy Skills & Abilities
- Able to operate all types of motor vehicles, including manual transmission
- General automotive knowledge
- Active listening skills
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Flexible to change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Efficient keyboarding skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others; team oriented
- Ability to resolve problems
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is related or a logical assignment to the position.