Genesis Cadillac Inc.
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Genesis Cadillac Inc..
Collision Technician - B Level
Genesis Collision Center is owned by the same family that formerly owned and operated the chain of Collex - Collision Centers, our extensive background in the collision repair business allows us to operate one the largest and most advanced collision repair centers in the area. Genesis Collision Center is a state of the art facility with over 58,000 square feet of production space and is equipped with latest and most advanced equipment. You won't find a dingy dirty old school shop here! We are located just north of the main dealership location at 23001 Industrial Drive, in Saint Clair Shores, just North of 9 Mile and East of I-94.
At Genesis you will enjoy a rewarding career in a fun team environment and the following benefits:
- Benefits start day one for Full-time employees
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network
- Dental, Vision, 401k (5% Match), and Ancillary benefits through Aflac
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Weekly and NO SATURDAYS!
- Competitive compensation plans
- Paid Training and on the job training
- Employee discounts of vehicles and service
- We promote continued education
- Referral bonuses for written leads
- Company provided uniforms
- Consistent work schedule
We value our employees and are always seeking to provide internal growth opportunities when available.
Repair damaged vehicles to pre loss condition in accordance with manufacturer specifications and dealership standards.
- Review and disassemble damaged vehicles to properly identify all areas of damage.
- Work with management team/estimators to prepare proper estimate and repair plan to return vehicle to pre loss condition.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Repair damaged vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer specifications.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the repair plan.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications required for this position include:
- The ability to communicate with fellow technicians and management.
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multitask
- Valid state of Michigan Mechanics license
- Valid state of Michigan driver’s license
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM