Trailways of New York Kingston Fleet Maintenance Facility
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Trailways of New York Kingston Fleet Maintenance Facility.
Diesel Mechanic/Body Technician
- Primary duties of the mechanic include performing Preventative Maintenance ("P.M.") Inspections and all periodic service procedures on coaches as per P.M. Sheets.
- Must be able to identify safety defects in accordance with New York State D.O.T. criteria.
- Must be able to perform duties of all lower classifications; and -Assists other classifications as necessary to continue training.
- Repairs damaged panels and bodies to restore their original shape and smoothness of surface; removes bolts, nuts, and rivets; takes off old panels and installs new panels; replaces rest room slicers; repairs damaged panels and bodies by hammering out and filling dents and breaking welds in the metal.
- Must be capable of removing, and straightening window frames and repairing damaged woodwork, priming, and repairing surfaces and performing basic welding of steel.
- Also performs duties of Body Helper.
- Assists other classifications as necessary to continue training.