Custom Truck One Source - Kansas City
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Custom Truck One Source - Kansas City.
Crane Service Mechanic/ Welder
Custom Truck One Source “CTOS” is located at 7701 Independence Ave., Kansas City, MO 64125
Hiring a Crane Service Technician with Welding experience. You will split your time between Crane Service maintenance and repair and Weld Repair and Modification on Utility Cranes and Equipment. An example of work is body removal / modifications and working with hard wore in Flux core, also welding in MIG, TIG, Aluminum etc.
- Day shift – summer hours 6am and 2:30pm (OT as needed)
- Must have tools
- Experience with Hydraulics, electrical, aerials, bucket trucks, medium / heavy truck, Farm or Construction equipment
Load King Cranes TEREX Cranes Manitowoc Cranes Elliott Cranes National Cranes
- CTOS Equipment: Boom Trucks / Cranes, Bucket / Dump Trucks, Digger Derricks, Utility Trucks & more.
- Ability to rebuild hydraulic pumps, valves, motors.
- Background in hydraulic fluid power troubleshooting
- Background in pneumatic tool troubleshooting
- 7:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday-Friday, OT as needed.
- Pay based on experience, 3 healthcare plans, 120 hours paid time off, 10 holidays, 401K match & more.
Responsible for performing heavy duty crane modifications, installations and repairs to damaged cranes, buckets, diggers, crane parts, plus crane repair and maintenance work in accordance with Custom Truck and factory standards under the general direction of the Crane Service Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation and removal of different types of crane and crane equipment.
- Modification of crane truck wheelbases.
- Installation and removal of crane truck suspensions.
- Perform work as outlined on crane order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with Custom Truck and factory standards.
- Fabrication and installation of components related to crane equipment installations.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all tools at all times.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal installation instructions.
- Uses and maintains all necessary shop equipment required to complete any crane repairs or PM inspections.
- Disposes of used oil, grease, antifreeze and filters in the assigned location to insure EPA compliance.
- Cleans and properly equips assigned area to perform all necessary repairs to equipment.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Tags all warranty and core parts and take to area for return, insuring proper credit is allowed.
- Advises Crane Manager immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if installations or repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Ensures that customers' cranes are kept clean.
- Tests crane to quality-check work performed.
- Works with all departments in harmony.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of the Company's Job Safety policies pertaining to this position. Attends and participates in Custom Truck monthly safety training classes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Vocational Technical School or Military Wheeled Mechanic or related training a plus
- General mechanical aptitude / knowledge of hydraulic, electrical, construction, farm or truck
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Must have your own tools
- Physical effort to move objects and tools; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling and a high level of dexterity
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Three Health Care Plans to Choose from and (Vison, Dental, Prescription Drug)
- Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance
- 120 hours of Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Nine Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.