Kyrish Truck Centers
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Kyrish Truck Centers.
Level 4 Technician
- Perform unsupervised work as outlined on vehicles with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Complete minor repairs within specified times.
- Diagnose and repair typical vehicle systems.
- Poses a functional knowledge of the parts system and communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Identify all warranty parts and returns related to work orders for warranty claim.
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicate with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Assist other technicians with major repairs.
- Participate in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Document all work performed and recommended on a repair order using accepted language.
- Document all required information for successful completion of a warranty claim.
- Road test vehicles for evaluation purposes to determine needed actions.
- Ensure that customer’s vehicles are kept clean. Notify service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Be capable of identifying unsafe work environments and communicating them to management.
- Maintain and be accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Identify issues with specialty tools and communicate them to management. Return items to their proper places and in the same condition as they were received.
- Operate shop equipment in a safe manner and reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Display the ability to work in a team environment.
- Understand, keep current with, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, EPA, and so on. Be capable of identifying and communicating issues with management.
- Display work ethic it takes to ensure each job is done efficiently and completely.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Display ability to drive a vehicle and determine road worthiness.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by Manager.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical examination.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company's insurance carrier.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while providing a superior customer service experience.
- Must be neat in appearance, punctual, and a team player.
- Must be a vocational/technical school graduate with a minimum of one year of technical experience or a minimum of 2 years of field experience in the medium-/heavy-duty truck industry (fleet or dealership experience).
- Must own a complete set of hand tools.
- Must be self-motivated and professional.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must be able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities and be responsive and flexible to best serve the issue at hand.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of technician per dealer requirements.
- ASE Certifications.
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and Class B or above license required within 6 months of hire; must meet company insurability standards.
- Good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of International Truck/IC Bus and supplier product.
- Be able to use the International Service Portal when required.
Familiarity with standard diagnostic software
This is not necessarily a list of all the duties, responsibilities and requirements associated with this position. While the accountabilities noted herein are intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties as circumstances dictate. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer