Virginia Transportation - Rhode Island
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Virginia Transportation - Rhode Island.
Wash Bay & Detail Shop Attendant
REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman
SUMMARY: Performs cleaning and detailing of trucks as well as general shop upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Clean equipment including detailing of interiors.
- Polish wheels and fuel tanks.
- Secure hydraulic lines.
- Top off all fluids, replace wipers and clean windows.
- Clean and organize shop vehicles and equipment.
- Minor touch up body painting.
- General shop upkeep.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Mechanical skills acquired through technical trade school or past experience is preferred.
- Computer literate. Microsoft, Outlook and Excel a plus.
- Attention to detail and possess a high level of accuracy.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with dispatch team and auto haulers.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and with customers.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit/stand for most of his/her job duties.
- There is the need to frequently walk and sit. There will be a great deal of standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting and reaching for some of his/her job duties.
- This position is expected to climb steps, ladders, and maneuver through narrow spaces like the cab of a tractor trailer and auto hauler trailer decks. The job requires working out in the elements 90% (+/-) of the time, this includes wet floors, changing temperatures, and slippery conditions.
- Visual requirements include reading off a computer screen as well as printed materials.
- A high degree of dexterity is required due to frequent use of a telephone console.
- Verbal and auditory requirements include the ability to communicate clearly over the telephone as well as in person.
- There is a moderate level of grasping, lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects of more than 25 lbs.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a reasonable requirement of the position. Additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.