Merritt Trailers - Fremont
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Merritt Trailers - Fremont.
E Level Technician
This classification of mechanic must be able to perform all of these functions proficiently with assistance for the first 12 months if they have no experience and with little to no assistance from a supervisor (Working Foreman or Lead Man) in accordance with the job efficiency timeline if that have experience. This technician level is generally reserved for entry level mechanics and up to 1.5 years.
- 25% to 75% job efficient.
- Basic tool set to start or purchase through Merritt Tool Program.
- Perform preventative maintenance servicing/PM service.
- Basic suspension repairs (brake jobs, grease and oil wheel seals, brake cans, leaf springs, and air bags). •Basic lighting troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to read and set torque wrenches for wheel installation specs and wheel seal specs.
- Basic understanding of air braking component functions and replacement.
- Merritt Forklift Certification.
- Understanding of all safety hazards and regulations pertaining to all shop equipment. Complete and pass Weldon’s Brake Class.
Entry level position – New to 1.5 years of experience Compensation – $20.00 to $22.00 hourly