Raymond West - Auburn
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Raymond West - Auburn.
Field Service Technician
Raymond West is looking for Field Service Technicians of all levels to service, troubleshoot, and repair all makes of material handling equipment at customer locations.
Prior mechanical work experience preferred but not required, mechanical ability is enough!
We determine this through a series of interviews and pre-hire testing.
Pay is based on level of experience.
Training: Once hired, you will be scheduled for factory supported training to become a Raymond Certified Technician.
Starting at Basic Certified, progressing to Level 1, Level 2, and finally Master Certified with time, training, and experience. We have a training plan in place for all of our technicians and a full time staff of Raymond factory certified trainers to help you succeed.
Our Field Service Technicians are compensated for hours worked. A typical workweek consists of 40 or more hours of work (flag hours don't exist here!). We offer very competitive benefits for our employees such as paid holidays, three weeks paid personal time off (increasing with time), paid training, a company van, gas card, and company uniforms to name a few. When you decide to become a Raymond Field Service Technician, it's not just a job -- it's a career choice. Job Summary: To troubleshoot electrical/hydraulic/mechanical problems on all makes of material handling and warehouse equipment, complete installations, perform unscheduled repairs and scheduled maintenance on equipment, and to establish and maintain lifetime relationships by listening to our customer and satisfying their needs better than anyone else.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Hydraulic and/or Pneumatic systems
- A successful track record of employment
- An aggressive commitment to achieving success
- Strong sense of urgency Ability to work independently
- Availability to work overtime and occasional on call shifts
- A professional demeanor
- A superior level of customer service that promotes goodwill between the company, customer, and other associates.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with personal computers, Microsoft Windows or similar system, familiarity with smart phone, internet, and email functions. Must be able to use a keyboard to enter data accurately
- A driving record that is in good standing
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
RW provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.raymondwest.com. Raymond West has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.