Custom Truck One Source - Kansas City
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Custom Truck One Source - Kansas City.
Technician / Mechanic - Crane
Hiring a Service Technician / Mechanic with experience in hydraulics maintenance and repair. Experience working on the following types of equipment is desired.
Load King Cranes TEREX Cranes Manitowoc Cranes Elliott Cranes National Cranes
- CTOS Equipment: Boom Trucks / Cranes, Bucket / Dump Trucks, Digger Derricks, Utility Trucks & more.
- Ability to rebuild hydraulic pumps, valves, motors.
- Background in hydraulic fluid power troubleshooting
- Background in pneumatic tool troubleshooting
- Day shift, Monday-Friday, OT as needed.
- Pay based on experience, 3 healthcare plans, 120 hours paid time off, 10 holidays, 401K match & more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess, diagnose, repair and/or replace damaged or worn parts for variety of manufacturers of utility equipment to ensure quality standards within budget, including but not limited to:
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Rebuild outriggers or boom lift cylinders properly with no rework within acceptable time.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools as necessary.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Raise vehicles and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists to inspect and repair in manner that assures company quality standards are met.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of parts, services, and labor to track costs so vehicles can be properly priced and reflect the value of quality offered by the company.
- Submit all work/repair orders as required to a supervisor for approval to ensure budgets are maintained and costs of vehicle repairs accurately reflected.
- Perform other duties as directed in professional manner.
- Perform all duties in in accordance with best practices for a safe work environment.
- Attend monthly safety meetings held by Custom Truck One Source.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have your own tools.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and audiogram.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Three Health Care Plans to Choose from and (Vison, Dental, Prescription Drug)
- Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance
- 120 hours of Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Nine Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.