Walser Collision & Glass
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Walser Collision & Glass.
Glass Technician Apprentice
Walser Collision & Glass in Bloomington is hiring a Glass Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity for someone who is mechanically minded and provides great customer service. No experience is necessary, we will train you completely on the job. It's a great way to get into a lesser-known, but very rewarding, career.
Glass Technician Apprentice duties:
- Perform mobile and on-site removal and installation of auto glass
- Utilize hand and power tools to remove and re-install moldings, wipers, mirrors, windshields, and all other automotive glass according to specifications
- Ensure required paperwork is completed and turned in to the office at the Bloomington location
- Verify replacement glass & moldings are in good condition before heading to the job site
- Properly load and transports parts to the installation site
- Communicate on a regular basis with the glass office regarding any changes in scheduled work or completion status of vehicles
- Collect payment, while in the field, for out-of-pocket expenses or deductibles that are noted on the paperwork and obtain customer signatures for invoices
- Handle customer inquiries regarding the glass replacement and repair process
- Notify customer of safe drive time and to not wash vehicle for 24 hours after installation
- Participate in technical training and stays current on industry advancements
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment. Adhere to all OSHA safety and compliance standards. Ensure MSDS are up to date, report all accidents and injuries immediately to the supervisor, and communicate unsafe situations to help prevent accidents