Vermeer Great Plains - Brookline
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Vermeer Great Plains - Brookline.
Position Title: Service Technician 1
Reports to: Service Manager
Pay Starting at $22/hour *pay is dependent upon applicable experience* plus opportunity for BONUSES!
*Training, development, and advancement opportunities are built into our Service Tech positions to allow opportunities for wage increases as skills and expertise are developed. *
“Do, teach, learn. Where fixing/doing leads to growing/developing.”
Vermeer Great Plains – 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY
ESOP- Every hire is an owner as of the day the offer letter is signed. Earning more pull in the business as tenure increases. As an owner this guarantees a business with its employee’s best interests at heart and most of all a peace of mind when it comes to retirement.
At Vermeer Great Plains our mission with ESOP is- “To help create a better environment through heightened education and communication of the ESOP to further increase the value of the Vermeer Great Plains Stock”
BENEFITS: Benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, voluntary STD/LTD, Life/AD&D, and employer-paid life insurance.
Career Development & Advancement Opportunities!
Work Life Balance – Let us know what that means to you. We care!
PTO – to help support that balance.
On-Site training- with uniforms and training modules provided.
FUNCTION: The Service Technician I is responsible for high quality and effective repair of equipment. Provides excellent customer service, maintains professionalism, and ensures detailed records are accurate and up to date.
- Service, repair, assemble and recondition equipment as assigned
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are required with assistance as needed
- Complete repairs in a timely manner to maintain a proficiency level at or above 100%
- Research, identify, and order correct parts required to perform repairs using electronic parts manuals
- Perform any inspections as required
- Maintain complete and detailed working records
- Help maintain cleanliness, neatness and safety of building and lot
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in Employee Handbook and set by Vermeer Great Plains
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be committed to and take a pro-active approach to our Company Mission, Vision, and Values
- Demonstrated experience with any combination of hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, diagnosing and calibration
- Owns and maintains personal tools and toolbox required
- Ability to safely operate industrial equipment, including forklift, overhead hoist, etc.
- Mechanical/technical aptitude with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong current electronic diagnosing capabilities
- Good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions
- Demonstrated safe work habits
- High degree of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate professionally, respectfully, and honestly always
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear 100% of the time
✓ High School diploma, GED and/or vocational training/certification required
✓ 1 – 3+ years heavy/industrial equipment technician experience and/or general service technician experience required
✓ Valid Driver’s License required
✓ Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving record required
FLSA status: Non-exempt
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location