KanEquip - SY
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at KanEquip - SY.
Diesel Technician Internship (2023-2024)
Title: Service Technician Internship (2023-2024)
Location: Syracuse NE
Employee Status: Temporary (Internship)
To provide hands-on learning experiences and opportunities to develop mechanical and diagnostic skills for students who are pursuing an Associates of Applied Science in Agriculture Power/Technology, Diesel & Heavy Equipment or Diesel Technology.
- Understand the mission, vision, and values of KanEquip and the goals and expectations of the service department.
- Preform pre-delivery set ups and inspections on new equipment and basic service work as assigned.
- Develop skills to diagnose and repair hydraulic and electrical systems, engines, and fuel systems.
- Work with online parts and service information systems
- Develop skills to complete reports and forms for service operations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist other diesel technicians and other departments to bring value and customer service to our stakeholders.
- Engage in trainings, mentoring, and feedback surveys
- Attend social and networking events.
Hours and Benefits:
- During the school year, hours are available based on class schedule and location need. During the summer interns should expect 40+ hours per week.
- Interns will be assigned a mentor for career development, guidance, and motivation.
- Scholarships and educational expense repayment available upon completion of internship.
- KanEquip branded apparel and items.
- Completed 1 year of schooling in an Agriculture Power/Technology, Diesel & Heavy Equipment or Diesel Technology program.
- Owns mechanic tool set appropriate for the work required.
- Passion to learn methods, tools, materials, and techniques to diagnose and repair diesel and agricultural equipment.
- An understanding in diesel engines, hydraulics, electronics and electrical systems and precision ag systems.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with parts, sales and service personnel and customers.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds as required without assistance.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status.