Paul Reed Construction
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Paul Reed Construction .
Diesel Mechanic (Field Mechanic)
DIESEL MECHANIC (Field Mechanic)
Who are we and what we do:
As the leading General Contractor in Western Nebraska, Paul Reed Construction not only plays an important role in updating and maintaining our area’s infrastructure, but also building and growing local businesses and communities.
Salary based on experience and skill set.
Full time plus overtime.
Can easily be a six-figure income, with hard work, commitment and determination.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Safety is top priority.
- Field Diesel Mechanic will work in the diesel shop and in the field on a regular, rotating basis.
- Must be organized, and keep shop space and service truck neat and in an orderly manner.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Needs to be self-motivated and have excellent time management skills.
- Repairing heavy equipment in an efficient timeline, communicating with Diesel Shop Manager, Project Manager/Superintendent and parts vendors.
- Basic understanding of diesel engine repair, diagnostics of heavy equipment, and using a computer for the diagnostics.
- Good skill in operating equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Basic use of smartphones and applications for recording work and completing paperwork.
- The Diesel Mechanic will provide inventory control of parts ordered and installed, and returns.
- Valid Class A CDL is required. If you do not currently have one, you must be able to obtain it within 90 days of hire.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Being a team player is a must.
College - at least one year certificate preferred but not required
Diesel Engine Repair - 3 years of experience preferred
Must have your own tools
Health, dental, vision insurance
401K with match
Paid Time Off
Please ask about our Tuition Reimbursement Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER