Schenectady County Department of Engineering and Public Works
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Schenectady County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
- Graduation from high school or possession of GED and Five (5) years of experience as a skilled automotive mechanic which shall have involved electronic ignition systems, computer analyzing, use of personal computer software in automotive applications, and diesel engine work.
- Completion of a two-year automotive repair course and three (3) years of experience as outlined above.
Special License Requirements:
- Possession of a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement at time of appointment,
- Possession of a valid Class D license and be able to obtain a Class B CDL with Hazmat endorsement within 6 months of appointment,
- Possession of a valid New York State Motor Vehicle Inspector's License for automobiles and heavy trucks within 6 months of appointment.
*All licenses must be maintained throughout the tenure employment.