Full-Time Express Service Technician Job Description - APPLY NOW
Title: Service Lube Technician
Reports To: Travis Johnson, Fixed Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
ABOUT SCHULTE SUBARU
At Schulte Subaru, we are devoted to the idea that every interaction is a chance to make the world a little better. That's why we partner with our local community to make real impacts in the lives around us through kindness and respect. We believe in these things not only because they are good for business, but it’s the right thing to do.
Schulte Subaru’s commitment to this mission of treating people right is what led to receiving the honor of being 2020 and 2021’s Love Promise Retailer of the Year, as well as, the 2021 SD New Car Dealer of the Year.
Beyond this incredible culture, full-time employees at Schulte Subaru enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid basic life insurance coverage
- Voluntary short-term disability, accident, critical illness/cancer insurance
- Reduced Subaru lease payments for full-time employees
- Great Life membership provided by Schulte Subaru
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Employee discounts on parts and services
- Training and development opportunities
- Subaru Gear and more!
- At Schulte we believe the employee and customer should feel special every time they walk in our doors. Kindness is not just a word that we use, but it’s the way we do business. We show kindness through our commitment to the community, our commitment to going above and beyond to help others, and our commitment to our employees and customers.
- This position works primarily in the service shop. Physical requirements of this role include:
- Ability to routinely move equipment up to 50 pounds by oneself and more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Ability to constantly position oneself to stand, stoop, reach or kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to frequently operate a vehicle
As a service lube technician, you will be performing routine installation, repair and maintenance needs for our customers' vehicles. The automotive service technician is also responsible for communicating with other employees and operating vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
This position is scheduled as follows:
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (A TYPICAL DAY)
- Performing repairs and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, tire rotations, replacement of wiper blades, multi-point inspections and any other tasks as indicated on repair order
- Communicating with the proper service advisor so that customers can be informed of any possible additional services needed
- Maintain a clean, and safe working environment
- Produce legible and accurate paperwork reflecting work performed
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE HAS…
- Basic automotive mechanical knowledge preferred
- A valid state driver's license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented mindset and positive attitude
- Basic computer skills
Disclaimer: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Schulte Subaru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Key Words - express, lube tech, quick lube, technician, repair, automotive mechanic, automotive technician, mechanic, repair technician, automotive, service, mechanical, customer service