Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Transdev.
C Level Technician
We currently have 1 C tech positions open.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Perform and execute all service, troubleshooting, diagnostic tests, preventative maintenance inspection, and most technical repair on vehicles and equipment using manufacturer’s technical publications and Company plans, schedules, and procedures. Executes work assignments in accordance with job standards set forth by the Company. Applies effective quality assurance practices in the performance of all work assignments to avoid repeat vehicle or equipment discrepancies and applies safe maintenance practices. Assist the Shift Supervisor to (1) execute departmental plans, programs, and procedures to meet department goals and mission requirements, (2) maintain safe reliable equipment, (3) promote a positive team effort, (4) conduct quarterly shop meetings and training, (5) report infractions of the Company’s safety and maintenance standards, rules and policies, contracts, or agreements. Reinforce the same and/or when necessary, seeks the assistance of a Company Supervisor to implement progressive discipline and (6) promote a safe and professional work environment. This position is classified as Safety Sensitive; employees in this position are subject to drug and alcohol testing as prescribed by the Federal Transit Administration.
• Associate degree in Medium to Heavy Duty Mechanics with one year Medium to Heavy Duty Mechanics experience preferably with transit buses but may accept same training and experience in trucking, automotive, and/or other similar equipment maintenance management.
• A high school diploma or GED supplemented with one year Medium to Heavy Duty Mechanics experience and technical training (Formal or On-The-Job) preferably with transit buses but, may accept same training and experience in trucking, automotive, and/or other similar equipment maintenance management.
• Prefer ASE certifications in some desired skills but may consider other certifications.
• Must pass a reading and technical skills knowledge test established by the Company and provide requested documents to validate previous work experience, education, training, certification, and proficiency required by this job description.
• Must have a good driving record.
• Must have or be able to obtain a Ca Commercial Driver’s License – Class “B” with P endorsement.
• Must pass a physical examination as prescribed by Transdev policy and as required in U.S. Department of Transportation regulations (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations 391.43)
• Must pass pre-employment drug test.
Knowledge required by the position:
• Proven ability to use both a computerized and manual system in opening, closing and accounting of vehicle and equipment work orders, which includes man-hours, parts, materials, and tools.
• Proven ability to assist a Shift Supervisor to execute maintenance plans and work schedules to ensure operational goals and requirements are maintained within the standards required by the Company.
• Proven ability to assist the Shift Supervisor and/or Lead man in managing equipment life cycle overhaul and replacement using oil analysis and warranty claims.
• Knowledge of FASTER NT, Fuel Master, E-Time, MS Excel and Word is most desirable for the successful candidate.
• Proven skills and ability to assist the Shift Supervisor and/ or Lead man coordinate contract maintenance of equipment and facilities.
• Proven ability to prepare and submit timely and accurate reports.
• Proven ability to work with and deal with a work force, which is largely organized labor.
• Knowledge of safety standards
• Must possess tools for Class C Mechanic as established by the Company.
• Forklift License
• Commercial Driver License with “Passenger” endorsement.
• Skilled in both verbal and written communication.
• Skilled in problem solving and decision making.
• Must read and speak English clearly and possess the ability to see, hear, think, speak and write clearly.
• Must be physically able to perform all responsibilities, skills, and abilities, including lifting 55 pounds.
• Individuals must be able to work independently, performing multiple tasks.
• Required to work varying shifts and overtime, as necessary.
• Must remain alert to prevent accidents