Mansfield Motor Group
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Mansfield Motor Group.
C Level Technician
Performs most tasks assigned with some supervision required. Requires average mechanical knowledge.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses vehicle problems based on customer complaints and inspection.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Inspects and test drives newly delivered vehicles for obvious damage and missing major components and drivability functions.
- Installs optional equipment specified by the customer or dealer.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean. Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
- Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.