Matt's Automotive Service Center
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Matt's Automotive Service Center.
Amazing Opportunity! We have a full-time opening for a general service technician. If you have a track record of success, a strong commitment to ethics, and would like to work at one of the top shops in the area, this may be the opportunity for you! We enjoy working, but we also like our time off too. Our shops are open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. No weekend or evening work! Compensation relative to experience.
Matt’s Automotive Service Center operates in 5 locations in the Fargo Moorhead area & 5 locations in the greater twin cities area. We live by our core values of being a pillar in our local communities, hiring the superstars, never putting money ahead of people, fueling growth and innovation in everything we do, being passionate in every moment, delivering WOW through our service, providing our staff with a stable and fun work environment, and being more than just an experience, but setting a new standard. Applications must possess a great attitude and the desire to want to help others, be drug-free and want to work for a great company.
If you are in school and looking for part-time work to jump start your career, we want you too! We foster a learning environment that helps grow technicians and make them the best they can possibly be!
The General Service Technician must have a mechanical aptitude and is able to perform basic automotive services including mounting and balancing tires, tire repairs, oil changes, vehicle inspections and other less technical services while delivering an excellent guest experience. Responsible also to maintain clean and safe work areas in the shop.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn how to diagnose and repair basic automotive including brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling and electrical
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Change engine oil and filter
- Install and perform tire maintenance
- Install batteries and check starting / charging systems
- Install headlights and other small bulbs
- Repair flat tires
- Install wiper blades
- Stock and unload tires
- Assist fellow technicians in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Clean and maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A valid driver's license
- Passion for career as a Technician in the automotive industry
- Set of tools to perform tasks, while tools may be provided for the right candidate as well
- Eager to learn and competitive drive to succeed
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >100 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.