Matt's Automotive Service Center
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Matt's Automotive Service Center.
Matt’s Automotive Service Center operates in 10 locations in Minnesota & North Dakota, we are growing and busy and we are looking to add to our award winning team. We live by our core values of:
- Being a pillar in our local communities
- Employing the superstars
- Never putting money ahead of people
- Fuel growth and innovation in everything we do
- Be passionate in every moment
- Delivering WOW through our service
- Providing our team with a stable and fun work environment
- Being more than just an experience, but setting a new standard.
The Service manager is an internal and external customer facing position, with complete focus on developing customer relationships, increasing client relations, maintaining the company’s standards for ethical business practices, representing the business in a professional way, being orderly, managing workflow, front to back communications, selling work, representing our company to the community, and managing customer expectations. The primary duties of a Service Manager are to manage the workflow of the shop, manage communication in the store, creating a positive work environment for all team members, selling recommended work and manage customer expectations. The Service Manager must embody orderliness, customer service and foster good employee and community relations, with a can-do attitude. In short, the Service Manager’s job is to be a leader in all aspects of daily operations.
- Arrive early enough to open the office and set it up for success.
- Say “Yes” to customers to keep the bays consistently full.
- Assist waiting customers
- Build & Sell estimates that you have created, and manage workflow
- Manage flags within our Point-of-Sale system
- Ensure target margins are achieved
- Communicate with other location service managers & service advisors, customer experience reps, marketing department, district manager & owner frequently
- Manage all customer communications across all platforms
- Educate and counsel customers on proper vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Ensure all customers are updated Daily.
- Make sure work area, waiting room, and customer rest rooms clean and orderly
- Building appearance-weeds, grass, snow, cleaning, ice melt, sidewalks
- Operation of building-furnace filters, equipment, building inspections
- Operations supplies such as soap, paper products, first aid, etc.
- Communicating needed repairs with District Manager for approval
- Following fire and safety code
- Managing CYA files
- Managing cores, returns, and Inventory
- Keeping purchases and receipts in line with company directives
- Working with fleet accounts
- Communicating goals and celebrating wins with your team
- Coaching team members to allow growth and development
- Perform bi-monthly 1-1's with team members
- Lead weekly meetings in a way that builds a stronger team dynamic and individual growth for team members
- Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures as outlined in the current team member Handbook.
- Ensure all equipment is fully operational and in good working order.
- Ensure technicians have the resources needed to do their job.
- Loaner vehicle care
- Proper paperwork for the department
- Inventory & costs controlling
- Conflict resolution
- Problem solving
- All guests experience
- Close the office at the end of the day
- Conduct monthly meetings with the other Service Managers with a follow-up conference with the District Manager
- Attend monthly & quarterly trainings
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Must have over three years of experience in a customer-facing direct sales position.
- Must have demonstrated salesmanship skills.
- Must have great people skills, be empathetic, and a good listener.
- Must be willing to learn, adapt, and continue training to enhance your performance.
- Must be an effective team player with advanced problem-solving skills
- Must be friendly, tactful, reliable, and capable of assuming responsibility.