Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Bell Ford.
Lubricates the moving parts of vehicles.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Sells lubrication, safety inspection, and other related services.
- Maintains records on regular customers, following up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders.
- Drains oil from crankcase and refills with required amount of oil.
- Replaces oil and air filters. Inspects vehicle fluid levels, replaces or replenishes as necessary.
- Checks tire pressure and adds air if needed.
- Lubricates moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Documents all work performed on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs as assigned by service manager. Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
- Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management