GenServe Inc - Pine Brook
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at GenServe Inc - Pine Brook.
B Level Technician
GenServe is growing and looking to hire motivated Generator Technicians to join our growing Team!
ROLE SUMMARY: The Generator Technician is responsible for performing maintenance, diagnostics, and both shop & field repairs on generators of all makes and models and a variety of sizes, as well as providing excellent customer service, and keeping accurate records. Generator Technicians will perform troubleshooting of commercial and industrial diesel/natural gas generators including automatic transfer switches, batteries, and load-bank testing.
1. Performing preventative maintenance and repairs on standby generator systems
2. Troubleshooting and diagnostic testing, load-bank testing and start-ups
3. Maintaining a vehicle inventory
4. Identifies causes of generator problems and/ or failures
5. Participate in “On-Call” rotation
6. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of generators both during normal working hours and after-hours, weekends, and holidays as directed
7. Effectively communicate with customers and GenServe team
8. Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of related experience/training or equivalent combination of both education and experience
- Must be open to working overtime, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed
- Previous experience working on commercial and industrial generators
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Preferred knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems (such as generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS units)
- The ability to participate in an on call, rotating schedule (On call 24/7)
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with generator and transfer switch controls
- Must have strong self-management skills
1. Must be able to withstand climate fluctuations and sustain working in cold, hot, humid, and windy environmental conditions that are associated with working outside as well as indoors with generator machinery.
2. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
3. Normal vision range (with or without corrective eyeware); ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols 100% of the time.
4. Work Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Generator Technician: 4 years (Preferred)
- Generator repair: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road