We are looking for a skilled automotive technician to maintain and repair Ford vehicles. We do some work on other brands as well. But the bulk of our work is Ford. You would be responsible for troubleshooting customer concerns and repairing new and used vehicles back to their factory reliability and functionality.
We are looking for a technician who is well-versed in complex mechanical and high-tech electrical diagnostic systems, as well as the general interior & exterior make-up of vehicles. They have excellent problem-solving abilities and must also be good communicators to provide service, parts & maintenance advice to customers.
This position likely requires at least 2 years of automotive repair experience and a good understanding of automotive computer diagnostics. Experience with Ford IDS and FDRS systems are necessary. Also extensive engine and transmission repair experience and overhaul experience is desired.
Detailed Automotive Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other essential parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Be prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance.
Detailed Automotive Technician Requirements:
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications not required but desired.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Graduation from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair is desired.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with hoists and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.