Merritt Trailers - Henderson
Check out our top shop page to see photos, videos, FAQs, and more about what it's like working at Merritt Trailers - Henderson.
B Level Technician
This classification of mechanic must have all of the following criteria, in addition to all aspects of the Level C, Level D, and Level E Technician positions. This technician level is generally reserved for technicians with 5+ years of experience.
- 95% job efficient monthly, with 98% accuracy of work.
- Ability to complete all suspension repairs on all makes and models including axle replacements.
- Complete understanding of trailer Abs Systems including Haldex, Bendix, and Wabco systems.
- Proficient at working from blueprints.
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic systems including liftgates and operation of components and installs.
- Ability to design and fabricate custom parts.
- Complete Meritor Trailer Suspension and Wheel End Component test.
- Ability to train and lead other teams members. (Lead Man only)
- Can assist Working Foreman with training when needed. (Lead Man only)
- Master set of tools – all major tools except shop supplied tools.
- The ability to complete all major wrecks on cattle, grain, dry vans, refer, flatbeds, and small enclosed trailers.
- Ability to lead a job and assist other mechanics on the job while still maintaining individual efficiencies.
Upper level/Lead Man position – 5+ years of experience Compensation – $28.25 to $30.00 hourly